Release Notes for 633

It’s here! Don’t forget to also check out the release notes for 632.

29 Likes

This is my first time hearing about this file extension, what is it?

10 Likes

it’s a file extension used when saving and objects to a file. It’s similar to rbxl, but for objects instead of whole places

Fun fact, you can rename the file extension from rbxm to rbxl, and it’ll become a place with the object in the file parented to game

Edit

I read it wrong… my bad

But the file doesn’t exist anyway, and is a typo

7 Likes

Oh, so it was a typo? I thought they literally meant rbxml which I thought was a whole different file extension, turns out they just meant rbxm.

@EndlessSashimi Sorry for mentioning, but is that actually a typo or something else? Since it’s my first time hearing about that extension.

7 Likes

Yep, it’s a typo. Thanks for pointing it out – I’ll get it sorted. :+1:

9 Likes

It was intended to be “rbxlx/rbxmx”. That’s an alternative xml format you can choose when saving to file.

5 Likes

Is there a specific reason for this? I don’t understand

4 Likes

There must have been a habit of most developers back then to parent things to this service when they needed to be hidden. Some old admin systems do this, so it will create the warning.

3 Likes

It seems that this link is to the 632 release notes rather than 633 :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Some backdoors like to parent their remotes to it because its contents replicate.

Other services that are commonly used include FriendService, InsertService, MarketplaceService and TestService.

5 Likes

Can we have some examples of what’s affected by this? I was bit by this several times for a whole bunch of properties but I don’t want to spend a bunch of time going back to try to figure out which ones I had to write ugly workarounds for.

7 Likes

When Editable Meshes will be on client?

2 Likes

There’s a really annoying new bug in studio which has reared its head, now.

Look at all that white space!!! Why is the name being shortened because it’s too deeply nested? I need to make properties huge to see every script name now. Roblox pls fix

13 Likes

“PluginDebuggingEnabled”, “Show Core GUI in Explorer while Playing”, “Show Hidden Objects in Explorer”, “Show Plugin GUI Service in Explorer”, “Show Navigation Labels”, “Show Navigation Mesh”, “Show Pathfinding Links” and “Show Singly Selected Attachment Parent Frame” properties now invoke signals on change.

4 Likes

amazon like same day delivery

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Just right now several Roblox clients were updated that broke UIGradient keypoints with less than a 0.01 time difference to another keypoint. This is detrimental as nearly every progress bar in my game uses UIGradients like this along with the Offset property.

Examples

image (4)
image (5)
image (6)

Keypoint at 0.999 time

The keypoint is no longer visible, and is being ignored when rendering.
Screenshot 2024-07-16 133720

Keypoint at 0.99 time

The keypoint reappears when the time difference is 0.01+. This workaround causes blurring at the end of the progress bar
Screenshot 2024-07-16 133728

2 Likes

I have a drawing game which uses the CanvasDraw module, this update basically broke my entire game as it relies on a gradientmap drawing system and now all the drawings have weird lines and blurs all over them. Oh boy.

1 Like

Similar to a couple other users in this thread, the internal changes undisclosed to UIGradients have also affected my studio’s games, which I’ve posted in a bug report here:

1 Like

An update killed my UIGradient based canvas system for my game

1 Like

@Ethanthegrand14 @hello42 @PondazYeah @dukzae Should be fixed:

1 Like