[Release] Zip line system

I made a quick zip line model. It allows characters to travel across maps quickly and in style.

You can find it here:

Features:

• Option to go both forward and backwards on line.
  • Ability to set the speed of each line.
  • FE compatible.
  • Multiple users can use the same line at the same time without need to worry about crashing into each other.
  • Compatible with both R6 and R15

You can find further instructions about setup in the script that’s included with the model.
Enjoy!

245 Likes

in the last few days you’ve single handedly made a whole range of games FAR more accessible to new developers and at a high quality, I applaud you

33 Likes

That’s the goal, so seems like I’m hitting my target! Thanks for the support! :grin:

27 Likes

Not on my computer to check, but does this offer an event locally for when the local player gets on or off it? It would be useful, as then someone could easily play an animation they make for it.

2 Likes

This would definitely not be a hard change to make if it doesn’t already have one.

4 Likes

It doesn’t have one, but as @joritochip said it would be trivial to add if you know how to script.

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

Thank you Ego, very cool!

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to make a Zip Line system ever snce Egg Hunt 2017, but since my knowledge back then was really limited, I kind of gave up.

Thank you so much for this! Now I can pick it apart and see what I did wrong in my old games.

3 Likes

Seems to not work when a player is using an R15 package… have you run across this issue during testing?

4 Likes

I’m out of town, but ill take a look as soon as I’m back. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: This should be fixed now. Seems like the problem has to do with packages taking a split second longer to load.

4 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Sweet, it’s so easy to use!

1 Like

Yea, It works perfect for so many games.

3 Likes

Can you build this Irl? thanks! xd

3 Likes

my Arms fall off?

https://gyazo.com/253bce0f80a18a330eb85936878a7630

9 Likes

Just a few days ago I was trying to make one! Thanks so much for this! Your nearly at 100 favorites btw!!! 1 more favorite to go!

1 Like

gif
I’m pretty sure this isn’t meant to happen.

1 Like

Should be fixed now! Sorry to others reading this who had this issue. I did see your comments, but I just never got around to fixing it.

As for the problem… Apparently character rigs with mesh parts in the upper arm(s) take a split second longer for the joints to load. I.e. Part0 of the motor6D shoulder joint will be nil if you try to access it’s value upon the CharacterAppearanceLoaded. For whatever reason this issue does not present itself with the standard blocky R15 rig. Anyways, easy fix, just added a check and wait if the joint hasn’t fully loaded yet.

2 Likes

Can you file a bug report for this with a repro? The character’s appearance should be completely finalized when that event fires.

5 Likes