Removal of Advertisements from the Games Page

Its a shame, with the removal of featured sort actually featuring new games and the removal of more places for ads its going to be harder for new games to advertise themselves and get new players.

24 Likes

I can’t say I agree with this change. It doesn’t seem to have any sort of reason other than standardizing different platforms. I believe the games page is probably one of the best places to put game advertisements since it can be assumed that people who are on the game page are looking for games to play. This change will hurt up and coming developers who hope to get there game out there through advertisements. The sponsored section of the games page is still a good idea, but it doesn’t provide the same visibility a large ad does. I’ve heard from successful developers that in terms of ads the longer rectangle ones and banner ads are much more effective than square ads so the loss of them on the games page will likely be a significant factor to those who are relying on ads to get their game noticed.

I’m sure there are other reasons for this change, but based off this post it seems like the only stated reason was to unify all platforms which makes me believe the cons outweigh the pros in this circumstance.

31 Likes

There are also other types of ads that people could make. But I think ROBLOX should’ve said this like a week or a month ago.

8 Likes

Support! More space for games and less distractions, means more CTR for games appearing there. As sponsored game ads appear on some of the game sorts (but not the Popular Near You sort), ad runners can migrate to sponsored game ads.

11 Likes

Since square ads are now only awkwardly at the bottom of profiles, it would be nice to just seem them fully removed.

24 Likes

This seems very well to me the truth, those ads were not always used for good things and I think that by removing them from the most used pages they will solve many things. Thank you

6 Likes

Removing external ads? You know a company is doing well when they start removing ads from some of their most-visited pages.

40 Likes

Well most of them we like, You can come rich fast

3 Likes

I really don’t mind this change since ad’s were mainly spam and scam games and shirts with some real games in the mix

7 Likes

just what roblox needs
less exposure and visibility for new and upcoming games and more focus on games with 150k+ concurrent players

47 Likes

This is a great change for the games page.

There will be, more space for games and less ads!!

4 Likes

I still don’t see the point in this change. If you’re gonna have ads anywhere else, why not on the Games Page?

If you don’t like the ads, just use Adblock.

11 Likes

Well… That is cool but at the same time kinda sucks. User made ads were always kind of a cool quirk of Roblox. I understand how they’re unattractive and only work on one platform, though. Looks like their reign is finally over!

9 Likes

No support.
Most of the time, players are on the games page. With the removal of advertisements on the games page, it hurts your CTR, and, like @chesse20 said, it’s going to be difficult for new games to advertise themselves.

28 Likes

Actually , i stopped seeing ads on Games page few days (possibly a week) ago .
This is pretty late update on the situation , please when doing something this important update us either immediately or in next 24 hours.
I know this all takes time but this feature removal drastically decreased usability of rectangle ads.

9 Likes

The thread’s not asking for support—the deed has been done, it’s just informing people

13 Likes

Good job, Roblox. I was sick of looking at the same low quality ads at the same games page every day. Thanks for doing this.

4 Likes

Honestly not so fond of this update.
It brought creativity and got people to make their game popular.

14 Likes

I love this update, because it allows for front page browsing in a much more expedient way.

3 Likes

That would hurt new developers. I’m sure when most people start their roblox journey that do not have the experience or funds to create high quality ads. This suggestion would seriously hurt young new developers.

13 Likes