Remove Annoying Pop-Up When Closing Roblox

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to close Roblox.

When I click the X button or press Alt+F4, instead of the program closing, this pop-up appears asking me to keep using the program. I have to then click on the “Close Roblox” button (which is positioned and styled to look like a “cancel” button so I accidentally click on Back to Home instead) to actually quit.

I can understand that this is probably done to introduce web players to the rest of the universal app, or to stop kids from accidentally closing Roblox instead of leaving the game, but as an adult, when I try to close a program, I want it to close.

This should be something that only happens the first time I use the new app.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to close Roblox the same way I do every other program.

43 Likes

I just want to say that you can alt f4 twice and it’ll close anyways. It’s not ideal, but it is still faster than clicking the close button. Especially since I only use the web browser and have no intention to use the app.

8 Likes

Just because there’s an alternative, doesn’t mean the original issue is no longer problematic. It’s a frustrating change that causes more annoyance than improvement.

Ideally in the best case scenario, if they really were committed to having this popup, would be to just have a checkbox/button of sorts: asking us if we want to disable the popup altogether. And then if we really wanted it, we’d enable it back in whatever settings menu they put it under.

10 Likes

The best alternative is to only show this if you launched the game from the app and disable it if you launched from browser.

3 Likes

An internal discussion has opened on this topic.