Remove HTTP limits for localhost requests in Studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to create a streamed communication between Studio and a local server.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to stream diagnostics data for my games when testing that are a bit too much for Studio to process. Currently, I quickly hit the max number of HTTP requests allowed and cannot stream any more data.

My request is to whitelist localhost / 127.0.0.1 from this request limit.

Here’s what I’d like to continue to do in real-time without hitting any limits:

Or even better, open up a websocket API for plugins!

95 Likes

hey - thanks for the suggestion. the throttling limits are primarily there to emulate what it’d be like on live servers but we understand the predicament and we’ll spend some time thinking about a way of enabling this in Studio

22 Likes

In the meantime, if you’re a bit daring, you can edit the studio http request limit flag.

To do this, you will need to download Roblox Studio Mod Manager, and then edit the UserHttpRequestsPerMinuteLimitZ flag to whatever studio limit you desire.

Screenshot_10

This should help anyone using localhost to do analytics/whatnot bypass these restrictions, definitely helped me.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t a better implementation be to not have the limits on any request made from a plugin or the command bar. If you’re going to do it for just localhost, why not everything.

5 Likes