Remove the voice chat button bubble

That thing above your character’s head with the buttons that toggle your mic and camera - remove it.

As a developer that thing is garish and doesn’t fit aesthetically with anything else in the entire app.

As a user I hate accidentally clicking it and ending up with an open mic without knowing it. This is especially awful if anything is on the screen and covering the bubble because I actually have no indication of my mic status at that point. It sinks input even through 2D ui so while clicking around in a menu you can accidentally click this thing through another button and end up with an open mic without realizing it. I just got auto muted during a public test of my game where I had no idea my mic was even open - that’s crazy. After discussing with friends it seems the strategy is to just disable voice chat for your account unless you specifically are going to want to use it for something. What a terrible interaction flow.

It’s also totally redundant. You can toggle your mic in at least two other locations during gameplay, both of which are more convenient and aesthetically reasonable.

3 Likes

This is coming with the new experience controls, currently set to release for everyone on October 15. Roblox has made multiple announcements about this over the past year.

4 Likes

I accidentally toggled vc once and i was in a call with my friends, and since i had speakers their words went through my mic and i got suspended for it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.