Required Login in Studio

Hey Developers,

We are making a change effective tomorrow where users must log in to use Studio. The following page will be displayed to all users after this change is live.

Requiring login in Studio enables us to deliver features quicker and provide you with a better overall experience. Users who are not signed in to Studio cannot:

• Publish games for others to experience
  • Build collaboratively with friends using Team Create
  • Upload model, animation, and mesh assets
  • Install plugins to extend Studio functionality

We don’t expect this change to adversely impact you. For new developers, we carefully tested this change and made sure it did not discourage them from trying Studio. In fact, we believe it helps new developers by streamlining the login process and ensuring they can take advantage of Studio’s full feature set.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let us know by replying to this thread. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

63 Likes

Thank god. The old login process felt clunky and unRoblox-like

19 Likes

Aw snap, I’ve changed my password recently, and forgot it, and I’m dreding the next time I’ll need it for that awkward thumbling guess work

3 Likes

Ahh! I always had a finiky experince trying to log in…

1 Like

Will you need to be logged into to receive updates, or will that be on launch like normal?

Very sleek splash screen, I like it

2 Likes

I’m always logged in to studio. :ok_hand:

So we’re being prompted with apple’s UI screen with roblox on it? Aww

8 Likes

does this mean people that get banned for a few days are locked out of studio?

22 Likes

I love this with a strong passion.

1 Like

I never really used studio when logged out, but it seems like something that might be useful for some people with multiple accounts. Kinda weird to just see it get removed.

1 Like

Does this mean you can no longer use studio offline?

10 Likes

RIP partially functional offline studio mode.

15 Likes

Not if they have an alt?

Amazing upgrade towards studio!

IP Ban? would that be an issue then? lol

1 Like

I don’t see any kind of point to make this so because installed plugins don’t even get tied/sync into your account. This will push more guests/people that don’t login to source 3rd party plugins which may be dangerous. Plugins should be easily available to expand easy experience in studio, not restricted/tied down with logins.

2 Likes

Don’t get IP banned? lol.
I don’t even know if Roblox does that anymore. You’d have to do something pretty bad to make them do that.

This thread is derailing, but iirc ROBLOX still use IP bans as a moderation tool.

Anyway, let’s hope there is HTML based NTLM compatibility with this, otherwise I’m ruined :frowning:

Yeah they probably don’t and if they did it must be severe. Just joking around :stuck_out_tongue: