Required Login in Studio

Fake news @Nightgaladeld… I still use wingman08’s old edge rotation plugin which is manually installed

Edit: Not that it couldn’t be published but there is no point

1 Like

Now please for the love of God add a tab for Team Create/Shared games!

1 Like

The amount of people who use plugins while not having an account is likely close to zero.

Same here. This really needs to be considered.

3 Likes

I like the change, but how exactly does it makes this bit possible?

2 Likes

They don’t have to support extra functionality, similar to dropping SystemMenu support in favor of RibbonBar.

1 Like

Why mention it making it easier to do x if y doesn’t seem related though?

Believe it or not, but the amount of effort to maintain all the callbacks that checked to see if you were logged in or not was exhausting. This will help streamline the process so we no longer have to do that which means we can now focus on improvements to Studio rather than maintaining that old process.

4 Likes

Finally I can start creating my own games with Roblox Studio!

Seriously though this looks sweet, and similar to a lot of other very nice looking software. I like the shift to full accounts, including the removal of guests.

To give an idea of just how many features relied on the user being logged in:

• Save to Roblox (publish a local model to cloud)
  • Publish to Roblox (publish a local level to cloud)
  • Publish as Plugin (publish scripts from local machine to cloud asset)
  • Using local file for a MeshId (publishes to cloud)
  • Installing a plugin from the cloud
  • Loading contents of “My Projects” tab

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head. All these edge cases needed to be individually handled where the user is prompted to log in. Guaranteeing that the user is logged in saves Roblox from maintaining various separate login prompts to every cloud-based feature in Studio. I doubt it’s going to increase the speed at which features are implemented by a huge factor like 2x, but it will allow the time used now to be better spent.

2 Likes

Ah alrighty; I assume it’s much lighter on the api then now, right?

1 Like

Finally… Studio finally evolved(yes this is a Pokémon reference…).

I’ll have you know SystemMenu is the true studio experience and I and others still use it

4 Likes

Gross, what about users with poor or no internet access? Talking to other developers they will look at me like I’m some crazy person when i tell them my IDE, workflow, etc doesn’t work offline.

8 Likes

Any possibility we could log-in using our facebook account on Studio, only the website appears to allow us to login through it. Though the studio did have that feature on studio before…?

1 Like

Looks good!
;D

Nice looking login screen.

Studio checks for updates long before it attempts to authenticate the user. Nothing has changed here.

No, you can always log in to Studio on a different account.

After looking at the usage numbers, we decided to drop support for logging into Studio with Facebook a few months ago. However if you set a password on your Roblox account, you will be able to log in normally. See here for more details.

1 Like

Why is the choose group button on the opposite side of the screen? It took me a while to find it.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.