Retaining High Fidelity Images

Does this apply to experiences currently or will we have to wait?

IM SO HAPPY I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF NOW THE SPRITESHEETS I MAKE ARE NO LONGER GOING TO BE 2 PIXELS THANK YOU SO MUCH ROBLOX!!! Now that I got that out of the way, I cannot wait to see experiences on the platform becoming more high quality now that we have access to higher quality images! Huge W for ROBLOX!

2 Likes

One question I have, a serious thing I notice with texture limits is when working with VFX, and flipbooks.

Flipbooks are currently limited to, and no less then, 1024x1024, the problem with this is that 8x8 textures that you may want to look ā€˜realisticā€™ look pixelated and unclean,

will this update also update the flipbook resolution to support higher quality images and animations?

3 Likes

Presumably yes because they are classified as ā€œImagesā€ under the creation tab. If I were to wager, this change probably came about to fit that exact use case.

Higher resolution images are a great win, but the inability to use nearest neighbor pixel art for low resolution images on decals and mesh textures is extremely restricting for my projects.

6 Likes

I have a feeling people will start using AI image up-scalers to make an image 8K because they have the illusion that ā€œit will always look better at higher resā€

1 Like

This has been an issue for a while now and has already been addressed in the release notes;

2 Likes

Finally, we can have higher quality sprite sheets that have more frames. A great update.

2 Likes

maybe and players limit up to 1000 ?

1 Like

nah we donā€™t need that many players

1 Like

Now Iā€™ll finally be able to not make tons of diffirent sprite sheets, and use one sprite sheet with all images I need.
Thanks Roblox for 8192px images!

1 Like

i need , Iā€™m 200 players short of the limit.

1 Like

well first of all what game u making? second you know that 80% of the players in roblox is mobile players and third how you going to optimized it

1 Like

Iā€™m doing an rp project, Iā€™m doing it specifically for PCs and not weak ones , of course Iā€™m going to optimize all this anyway.

1 Like

OH MY GOD. NO way! this will be SO helpful for me and so many otehrs

1 Like

This has been a massive gripe for me for a very long time now, it feels surreal that soon Iā€™ll finally be able to upload high-quality images.

W Update.

3 Likes

same, i can finally make my planet textures look somewhat good to look at

1 Like

I agree with you, itā€™s cool that you can make high-quality textures.

3 Likes

you know what real developers (scripters) needs?? GPU API why? welp we can now make custom rendering system or make roblox even more realistic than before and other stuff

5 Likes

^^^^^^^ YES, it really would be a game-changer. However you can trust Roblox to lack any kind of competency so wonā€™t be around any time soon.

4 Likes