Return UGC sales data API for public use

Virtually all UGC creators use @KingOfHungry’s UGC Tracker, a crucial tool Roblox has not provided us (BTW, Jake, thanks for all your hard work for us). There is nothing else like it. However, recently changes were made to the API that prevents it from returning sales data, which has completely broken UGC Tracker and massively screwed over UGC creators (AGAIN).

The “alternative” barely offers as much information- Roblox allows us to check analytics from the Create page, however it only provides them for the top 200 items (not all of them) and doesn’t offer nearly as much info as UGC Tracker provided. Not to mention the page frequently breaks, it can’t be searched by name, does not have an “all time” option, and it’s highly unreliable.

UGC creators are incredibly tired of Roblox making our jobs infinitely harder, and this has ruined my and many others’ workflows. We ask that you return the UGC sales APIs to the way they were, so that we may have the data we once did and our workflows may resume normally.

13 Likes

Full support. The fact that I can’t view the sales of assets I made and under a group I own makes absolutely no sense. I was very disappointed when I found out the analytics did not cover my use case, which is viewing the lifetime sales of an asset.

The reason why I need to view the lifetime sales is for a feature in my clothing group’s homestore. The feature in question is a section of the store that showcases the group’s bestselling shirts and pants, along with their sales number. In order to get the right clothing for this section, I need to view the lifetime sales. Now I can call GetProductInfo or go to the revenue section and count each sale manually to get this data, but both are incredibly tedious methods of doing that.

If the concern is that this data should be private, then there should be a toggle in the account or group settings that decides whether or not any sales made should be public. This is something that should be up to the creator to decide, not roblox.

2 Likes