Revenue Export Incorrect for January 2023

Reproduction Steps

When exporting revenue for January 2023, the total amount does not add up to Developer Stats January 1st → 31st. This appears on all games and has not corrected since midnight of the 1st of February.

Expected Behavior

Revenue on export should match developer stats.

Actual Behavior

It does not match. It appears a day is missing, possibly the 31st of January.

Workaround

I personally do not trust Developer Stats to be 100% accurate, I’d prefer a breakdown. Now I don’t trust either.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/3645347821/stats
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-01 12:02:00 (-06:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

Hi Preston:
Thanks for reporting this issue. We suggest you download your game data in My transaction page. The owner of the game (group or user) can download CSV from any start/end date and the CSV has the universeId inside to help filter out and get the most accurate and detailed transaction data.
For details you can refer to this post:

Gotcha. Didn’t know that was a feature.

We downloaded the transactions (500mb). It was a bit of work, neither Excel or Sheets would open the file (limit). So we wrote a python script to add up the transactions on a per game basis.

Now I’m legitimately concerned, because it does not match either dev stats or the legacy revenue export. In the case of December, it’s off by $25k at the least and $50k at the most. Not small numbers.

If you can confirm the new transactions export is ACCURATE, this means I’ve been underpaying for potentially years.

import csv

target_name = "✏️ Pet Simulator X! 🐾"
sheet_name = "Sales_Group3959677_2022-12.csv"

sum = 0

with open(sheet_name, 'r', encoding='UTF-8', newline='') as file:
    reader = csv.DictReader(file)
    for row in reader:
        if row['Universe'] == target_name:
            sum += float(row['Revenue'])

print(sum)

Edit: Filtering for only ‘Released’ Hold Status still returns a number that isn’t close to either dev stats or legacy export

Edit2: Older exports also do not include ‘Universe’ or ‘Universe ID’. They are NULL. This makes it very trivial to figure out what product/pass goes to which game.

Edit3: Anything past January 2021 is also missing.

1 Like

This has been an issue we’ve been experiencing for over a year now as we live operate a tonne of games and run an automated report generation and importing system, if you submit a revenue report request on the last day of the month at say 2 pm, it’ll be saved on Roblox’s end. When you go to re-download the report for the last month on the 1st, the one from 2 pm on the previous day gets downloaded, and Roblox doesn’t trigger a re-generate because it considers the month to be closed.

Wow, that’s concerning! This explains why it doesn’t appear to be accurate. Do you know exactly when this started? I might have to go through dozens of previous transactions tonight.

Just to chime in here, we have been experiencing this issue since May or June of 2022. Roblox has been informed from our company for numerous months. Although they are aware of this, the only reconciliation they have told us is to delay our data pulls. “The reason to do this is because our backend will only generate one file for each combination {universeId, startDate, endDate}”

Not sure if that helps, but we have had to independently shut down our backend codes on the last day of the month in order to not run into this issue.

We have a quick update for you!

The Developer stats revenue export has now been deprecated + we have an update to the Sale of Goods report. More information can be found here: A Dependable Source of Truth For Your Revenue Reports

1 Like