RigEdit - Create and edit animation rigs!

Apparently you had to select a model or tool first, the plugin warns you if you don’t select anything:

By chance can you make it so we can change / customize the circle that represents the motor6d?

@Arch_Mage is there a way to stop it from locking and have more of a ‘free movement’? Or is that in the paid version?

The paid version is broken now, can’t edit joint placement. I have to use the lite version :confused:

can you add a snap to other joints feature??

1 Like

You can set the increment to 0 to allow for free movement.

If you could supply me with any errors it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you’re up to it, you could send me the rig you’re working on for me to take a look at it.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by this?

What are the differences between free and paid?

If you look in the description of the paid version it lists them. In short:

• Undo/Redo support
  • Weld editing
  • Part selection
  • Toggle visibility and edit access for Joints/Welds
  • Joint rotation

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I thought that was upcoming stuff
Guess I’m just blind or something

This plugin is absolutely fantastic! However, the icon for the joints is very large, making precise joint placements on small objects pretty hard. It would be really nice if the join icon size was resizable.
For example, I have this whipsword:

I want the whipsword to have multiple segments and thus a lot of very precise joints. However, modifying the joints looks like this:

The joint icon is quite large in comparison with the object so I’m having troubles precisely positioning it.
It would be nice if the icon could be resizable so I could make it look something like this:

I would be very thankful if an addition like this were to be added, but otherwise thank you for the very helpful rigging plugin.

2 Likes

Could you please add an optional overlay that displays the 3 axes (X, Y, and Z) for the selected joint? The rotation handles and the rotation indicator isn’t enough. I’ve encountered situations where changing the DesiredAngle does not rotate the way the plugin says it does, and I’d like to be able to see the 3 axes so i can orient the correct one. Also, would be very helpful for scripting transforms and etc. where the axes are very important!

Also, it’s really annoying that the snaps for the move and rotate tools are not remembered separately. Yes, I want to move by 0.0625 studs, but I want to rotate by 15 degrees, not 0.0625 degrees. Making me re-enter in this value every time I switch tools is a slight time waster.

1 Like

Have pushed out an update to the plugin that should address some of the requests you’ve made. Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

You can now set the scale of the visuals with the scale option, and your rotational step with the angle option.

The UI will now (finally) prompt you to select a rig if you haven’t already selected one. I’ve also added a back button to the UI that’ll let you pick another rig without having to awkwardly click the plugin button twice.

7 Likes

Hi, I’m really struggling to use RigEdit to create a custom character model at the moment, it seems like I’m just doing the process wrong.

Can we get an example video?

Here’s my go-to video!

(3) Rigging a character using RIGEDIT roblox studio - YouTube

1 Like

Make a option to import/export the joints to another rig

When you make a joint, is there a way to move the joint?

This plugin is in my top 10 most useful plugins list, that should tell you much.

may i ask? whenever i import my rig to blender, the bones are vertical in the output. is there a way to rotate the angles of the bones that is gonna be implemented in blender? because i cant use Inverse kinematics to bones when i add the modifiers.

If I understood correctly I would suggest making everything in blender and then move it to Roblox. Don’t except to do amazing work in Roblox’s simple system.

Has anyone had a bug where when they use the paid plugin the menu to create welds/joints doesn’t show?

Also can’t move joints or welds