Roblox 2021: The Accelerator Program

100% yes. If you are a talented developer, we want to work with you!

12 Likes

How many teams usually get to participate during the program?

5 Likes

According to the info provided within the announcement, each program will have around forty to fifty individuals.

5 Likes

Isnā€™t this for the entire year, so for 3 separate programs? If so, are the places evenly distributed throughout the year?

4 Likes

You apply for what time of year works for you, it is evenly distributed so amongst the 3 programs, there is a total of 120-150 participants.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response and one more question that came to mind: are creators allowed to send videos/links for showcases theyā€™ve made on roblox but arenā€™t accessible to the public?

5 Likes

Typically we host 8-12 teams each class. 40-50 individuals per class.

7 Likes

It is highly recommended that teams showcase a public, playable experience on Roblox. You can provide videos and images, but these may not be looked at or considered without a playable experience to try out.

8 Likes

amazing accelerator moment, I would like to know someone that have more than 18 yrs and that is great, but sad moments I donā€™t. goodluck to participants

6 Likes

So it says 18 years old but can we technically have a guardian over the age to sign us up?

3 Likes

By the time Iā€™m 18, the program will be in person (hopefully)
But Iā€™m also from Australia, do you guys have plans of bringing the program to other countries once the program is an on site thing?

4 Likes

No, you need to be 18+ to apply. Canā€™t have a guardian do it for you either. They donā€™t make exceptions.

3 Likes

I think that they only accepts 18+ people since at that age you get legal responsibility

6 Likes

I am for sure looking foward to join this program when I reach the required age! This program ran last year as well and I heard itā€™s a great adventure and experience to participate in.

Good luck to all who applied and/or who already applied! :+1:

4 Likes

Rip us jack of all trades devs who just dev games solo. Sounds like a fun experience though!

7 Likes

This is the best opportunity for folks like you! This is your chance to experiment with collaboration. Sure, you could do everything yourself, but offloading work means more overall work output. Now you build bigger, better games in less time. Find great people, create a playable prototype (ideally in 2-4 weeks), and apply with said prototype.

8 Likes

Highly recommend doing this program if you can. Iā€™ve done it in 2016 and 2018 yet never had RoughSphereBlox as my leader, he knows the community very well, understands a lot on games, and you learn so much from other devs and staff!

But please if you do this, finish your game during the program or in general cause it makes everyone look good :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If itā€™s already known, could you please clarify when exactly in May it will start, and in August as well? Iā€™m asking because I still have school for a portion of may, and I begin school again sometime in August, so it would be helpful to know. I assume it will be hard to partake in the program if I still have classes to attend.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to apply since 2018, since Iā€™ve been reading about the accelerator program. Well 3 years to go before I pass that 18 year threshold. Good luck to yā€™all who applied. Iā€™ll hopefully see ya in Fall 2024!

Probably getting more experience as I go on, as of now it stands at 2 years, will be 5 when I try to apply.

5 Likes

This is a really interesting program in my opinion.

Iā€™m going to sign up next year I think, once Iā€™m 18 (assuming itā€™s hosted again). Super excited and good luck to the appliers!

4 Likes