Are you looking to accelerate the growth of a team or an experience on Roblox? Are you interested in providing direct feedback on the platform? Are you hopeful for consultation on game design, production management, or platform best practices? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, the Accelerator Program may be right for you and your team.
The Accelerator Program will provide up to 5 individuals over $13,000 each (plus over $1,000 for technology) to work on a new or existing Roblox Experience full-time for 12 weeks, and provide feedback on the platform. Roblox can contract your team as a company, or contract each individual of your team.
- Individuals must be 18 years or older. 2-5 Participants per team.
- Technology lump sum is offered one time per individual. Additional program participations will not grant an additional technology lump sum.
During the program, participants will have access to talks, consultation, and round tables on game design, production management, and platform best practices. Participants will gain access to our Virtual DevSpace Discord Channel, where they and our previous program Alumni can converse and collaborate. At the end of the program, each team will present a summary of their experience (on Roblox, and during the program) to the entire Company! You also get a cool virtual hat for participating, and an even cooler one for accomplishing your goals.
In 2021, Roblox will conduct 3 Accelerator Programs. All programs will be 100% remote.
- Spring [ February - May ] [ APPLICATIONS CLOSED ]
- Summer [ May - August ] [ [ APPLICATIONS CLOSED ]
- Fall [ September - November ] [ APPLY HERE! Applications close May 18 ]
How does Roblox select which teams participate in the program?
- Roblox is looking for teams who have completed a public experience on the Platform in the last two years. Roblox likes to see teams who are using the newest platform technologies, and have published games, with years of experience as a game developer.
What can teams expect during the application process?
If we accept your team’s application, your team will do a 3-minute pitch for Roblox on Zoom. A template will be provided on the information Roblox would like to see. Roblox will score each pitch* and accept the highest-scoring teams, based on our individual headcount for each class**.
*details on how you are scored is provided to teams who reach this step
**2021 headcount ranges from 40-50 individuals
Why has Roblox not provided a Mingling Thread, similar to previous applications?
- Roblox is mainly targeting teams who are already working together. Teams who come together specifically for the program tend to fragment afterwards. We recommend self-organizing to find a team you will work with for the long run!
Do I need to attend in person?
- We are not currently hosting on-site internships / accelerators.
Do I need to be a US citizen to participate?
Can I get University credit from this?
- Many universities will provide credit for this program, but every school is different! You should consult with your university counselors and determine what credit you can receive. Roblox is happy to help with any information / documents you need completed, but it is your responsibility to execute on this.
When do I need to be 18 years old?
- You’ll need to be 18 years old before the program begins.
I have an up-and-coming studio that I am looking to expand. Can I lead a team, but use the 5 spots for new team members?
- Yes. We understand that some games may be financially supporting one or few developers, but unable to financially support team expansion. We can work with each team on a case-by-case basis to see how the 5 spots can be best utilized.
I will be in College during the Program. Can I participate in the Accelerator while I am in College?
- If you are a full-time student, we wouldn’t recommend this. The Accelerator Program is a full-time program that requires participants to attend various meetings between 10am - 6pm PST Monday - Friday. We can work with teams on a case-by-case basis but we will prioritize teams who have the time to commit to their projects.
I submitted an application, but need to make changes. How can I do this?
- Your most recent form submitted will be the one we use. Just submit a new one!