Roblox 2021: The Accelerator Program

We have created a couple of released games already. I meant a demo of the game we wish to make for the program.

A demo for the project you want to work on for the Accelerator Program is not a requirement; however, it does help a lot if you make it to the pitch phase.

3 Likes

What would be enough content for an existing experience? Does it have to be a big feature (ex: an expansion to the game) or can it be a lot of small additions?

Since you had some accelerators already, could you give some examples of work that has been done (in the accelerator program) on an existing experience? That will help us gauge and plan better.

No, this application is for a real life job.

How much does team size matter in the application? A partner and I have been developing a game for a while, and are deciding between applying as our duo with our current project, or looking for a team with more experience (e.g. lead by someone who has been in the program) to take us in and apply with for their project. Would this make a difference in the application process?

Edit: If anyone is still looking for teammates, feel free to reach out!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they favor teams with past experience(s) together (in other words, those who have worked together on other projects, since they have already created a stable communication) and that the number of members in a team doesn’t affect it that much if it’s 2+

Existing experience typically implies a public game that already have a player base. There are no set requirements on what you need to be implementing. If you make it to the pitch phase, we’ll ask you to tell us how you plan on utilizing the three months. Teams who come in with existing games commonly work on large content additions, refining unpolished features, or implementing/enhancing cross platform play.

3 Likes

I think @Vasilakious nailed part of the answer here. It also is very dependent on WHAT you’re pitching. If you’ve got a team of two, you probably shouldn’t be pitching a brand new open world RPG with the biggest map Roblox has ever seen. This isn’t to say two people couldn’t do that, but they would need to provide substantial evidence proving their work ethic. If a team of five pitched something similar, they might not receive as much scrutiny about the large scope of the game.

6 Likes

I take it then if the team of two pitched an existing project our chances would be better than a new project?

1 Like

Could you define “existing player base”? Does it have to be 100 players per day, 100 concurrent players, 1000 concurrent players?

I am asking because we are working on a game right now. It is lacking a lot of features but we still made it public and advertise it lightly to get player feedback. I would like to know what category would that be in.

1 Like

Sounds like an existing game to me!

3 Likes

But the playerbase is rather small. What I am saying is I wouldn’t want not be considered because of the small playerbase. It just so happens we applied for the summer accelerator and we never made it to the pitch phase (with a different game that also had small playerbase) without feedback.

I might be wrong but I immediately assumed that others just had bigger playerbases and more established games and that’s why there were picked.

5 Likes

Any number of players would warrant a reviewer to hop into the game. Higher player counts get more review time: a game with 100 players needs to make a more immediate positive impression than a game with 1000. Use of cool tech, especially new tech, is the best way to get that positive impression. A game with 100 players that is using a lot of really cool tech is much more likely to get to the pitch phase, than a game with 10,000 players that is much more retro.

tl;dr player count does not impact your score, but does impact the time a reviewer spends in your game(s).

5 Likes

I’m curious about this “reviewer” system, a lot of our new technology that we developed is on the back-end for server optimization and custom replication, is there an email address or person we could message so we could send them gameplay footage as well as other videos that demonstrate our current creations?

We sent a couple videos to you via direct messages here on the developer forum when the Spring 2021 Accelerator applications were open, but we’re not sure if they were reviewed or if that was the right way to submit footage.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m looking to join a team, or start a team with other people :slight_smile:
I’m a clothing designer, artist, and an event organizer for Roblox.
I have 7 years of experience doing digital art and clothing design. I can make thumbnails, gamepasses, customize UV maps, and any style of clothes. I have worked with Gucci and many top games on Roblox!

Feel free to DM me!

4 Likes

I applied with 4 other people who I worked with for a while. Some I worked with for years, others for a couple months. I know I don’t have that much experience with working together as a team, but I would love the opportunity for me to work better as a team player without having to worry about money, which is my biggest problem. All in all, I am looking forward to receiving a response.

2 Likes

I might join this and I still need a team so if anyone wants to join my team or anyone wants to team up with me I am a Builder and a Scripter for about 5 year mainly in building.

2 Likes

We purposely excluded any questions regarding video footage or images. We are only interested in reviewing public Roblox Experiences that you and your team have developed. This makes our review process super streamlined.

3 Likes

TechCrunch recently published an article on the Accelerator Program. The article interviews four of our Fall Accelerator teams. I would highly recommend giving it a read if you’re interested in previous participants projects.

10 Likes

I get you have to be 18 in regards to the payment options, but if you are around the age say 17-16, could there potentially be a option for parents/guardians to sign off on anything regarding the payments?

1 Like