Roblox 2021: The Accelerator Program

You can apply if you’re 17 and going to be 18 at the time of the program starting but otherwise, you can’t.

2 Likes

Do you approximately know how long before the start of the summer accelerator will the teams know wether they are accepted or not? Considering they’ve gotten till the pitch phase?

2 Likes

when you miss the age requirement

5 Likes

Our goal is for participants to have at least 1 month of notice that they made it in. I would prefer this be more like 6 weeks, but with 3 classes a year it does tend to get close.

4 Likes

I’m just now stumbling across this program. After being on the site for over 12 years. I’ve never came to realize there was such opportunities on-site. I wish I would’ve known about this last year! LOL

I’ve applied for the Summer Accelerator alongside my life partner. This sounds like a great opportunity to smaller Developers to be able to bring new Games to the Roblox Gaming community.

Hopefully I could get into this program. Considering I dedicate most of my time every day attempting to creating new things so player’s could utilize their creativity or ideas in a way that seems limitless.
Examples : Plot systems, vehicle customization, or avatar customization

I would’ve applied to the Spring Accelerator too, but It was such short notice for me. It was not until last year I’ve realized there was a new forum specifically for Developers, since the previous forum were removed back in June of 2017.

Wish you guys the best of luck!

2 Likes

Reminder: applications for Summer close in 5 days! Make sure to apply soon if you’re interested.

8 Likes

Am interested in applying for the summer with some friends, only concern is the review process for the playable experiences:

If our game has no players, will it automatically void the application or will it still be looked at? I have a finished and pretty polished game that I developed that would definitely consider having “cool tech” especially frontend wise with ui/visuals/animations that most wouldn’t expect to see in a game made by 1 guy, and also another unfinished sci-fi city game that has a lot of cool stuff (won’t be done by deadline for summer app sadly). Ran a sponsor a while back but the performance wasn’t that good so have held off on trying to gain a large player base in favor of taking a small break & rebalancing gameplay + new content. My friends that are also interested have an unfinished game that is pretty close to a beta/alpha but still showcases some cool stuff in it.

Just wondering as none of us have a large recurring player base yet, but we’ve all put quite a bit of time into trying to create quality experiences and plan on continuing to do so. Something like this would be very beneficial and enjoyable.

1 Like

@RoughSphereBlox

Could you list the dates at which we’ll hear back from you for the summer/fall programs? The application still says July 1, 2020

3 Likes

Hi there @RoughSphereBlox, I’m sorry if this was already answered in the thread, I tried to read through all of it to check for this question.
I’m wondering why there is a minimum of 2 players for a team?
My initial thoughts were maybe - to make sure the game studio can complete the game within 12 weeks, and maybe you want feedback about developing on Roblox w/ teammates, and not just solo?

Just curious. I went ahead and applied for Summer as a solo dev and included some context since you mentioned you’d appreciate hearing from everbody. I’ve created over 6 games, each in under 12 weeks, and 2 recent ones have seen some good success :slight_smile:
(I script, 3d model or build, do 2d graphics, etc)
Tiny Town - 10 million plays (first version built in ~4 weeks) 🌇 Tiny Town 👪 Tycoon - Roblox
Toy Trains - 4.9 million plays (first version built in ~8 weeks while working a full time job) Toy Trains 🚂 - Roblox
Swing Racing - built in a week as a quick fun project Swing Racing! - YouTube
Equinox Real Time Strategy game - built this in ~8 weeks Equinox - YouTube

Just sharing so that in case the reason for 2+ devs is the ability to complete a project in the allotted 12 weeks, wanted to show I’m definitely up for the challenge!!

2 Likes

It mentioned on the slide before that we should hear back within 3 months (or something like that) before the program starts, so hopefully we will hear back within a month or so.
Good luck to you and your team!

1 Like

@RoughSphereBlox How is the $13,000 paid out? Is it weekly, biweekly, monthly, or once the program is finished? Is this something we won’t know until we sign a contract? If the team is contracted as a company, is it up to the company to figure out the manner im which team members should be compensated? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

If I am accepted into the Accelerator program, will it mean that Roblox is employing me? Or is it more of a contract position or something else entirely? This is an important detail since it may be the deciding factor if I can take a leave of absence at my job.

1 Like

Looking for a team to get along with. Here are some previous projects I worked on. I’m an experienced scripter who have been working on several projects. I’m looking for a builder or another fellow prorgammer. Let me know if you are interested.

3 Likes

It’s a couple-month program, you are paid $13k each to develop/enhance your game. You will be required to work as if you were working a real job, attending meetings with Roblox staff and other requirements. The $13k I believe should be used towards game development, I do not know otherwise if these funds should be used for living expenses.

2 Likes

A quick question if anyone’s still active here; my “game” had over 1k visits, me and my team are creating new technologies, would that be acceptable

2 Likes

To apply yes, you just need a good game idea and have the skills to back it up

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

I have a slight feeling this will be a fun summer

2 Likes

What day of September does the program start? I’ll be turning 18 on September 10 and I’m wondering if I would be eligible to apply.

3 Likes

dang you gotta be 18. cant we just be 13+ and get paid in robux?

1 Like