Roblox 2D game engine! [Mega update]

oh, i’m gonna edit it, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Edit:

How do I import an image into a sprite?

2 Likes

If you need more help please ask in the help channel of the Upside Engine Community.
To import an image into a sprite just put like parent of the image the sprite. Example:

local UpsideEngine = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.UpsideEngine) -- Engine path
local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer

local PlayerGui = Player:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")
local MyRenderScreen = PlayerGui:WaitForChild("ScreenGui")

-- params: Class: string, Properties: table
local MySprite = UpsideEngine.new('sprite', { 

name = "MySpriteName",
   position = Vector2.new(0.5, 0.5),
   size = Vector2.new(0.5, 0.5) -- The size always is scaled 

});
MySprite:build(MyRenderScreen);

local MyImage = UpsideEngine.new('static', {

image = "http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=4743994030 ",
   size = Vector2.new(1, 1)

});

MyImage:build(MySprite.Parent.MySpriteName)
 -- I know this is ugly, but don't exists other way to do it actually.

The plugin is ez to use, create an object (from the first button), modify him from the properties window and done, you are using the plugin. To build the plugin objects you must use the start (this is gonna build all unloaded objects too crateds by scripting) method. You can read here the Documentation.

tips/info:

• Create a game with UpsideEngine with the current version actually is hard, the next update is gonna make it more ez, but the next update is ridiculously big and for this motive, it will take a few months to publish.

• If you want modify some object property only add a new attribute with the property name and his value. Example: (BackgroundTransparency, 0.5)

• To create a sprite, I recommend create it by scripting, you can use like guide the reference project

• To create an Image, just press the first button, and select static, then modify the Image property with the id of ur image. Example: http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=4743994030

2 Likes

Im one year later i went for milk but amazing

2 Likes

Thanks for this amazing resource! :heart:
Although how would I go about implementing a custom chat bubble that hovers above the sprite?
Or is that already a thing?

Anyways, this resource is a big W!

1 Like

is not implemented by default, but it can be easily done.

1 Like

How so, if I may ask?
You could also contact me on your community server.

If that would be done il for sure get the plugin and try and make a multiplayer game!

1 Like

It is a bit long to explain so I will make a tutorial for the project website

1 Like

That is completely fine with me!

Once I get to know this engine better il definitely make something great!

Once done il show it to all of you!

1 Like

the next updates of the engine will be published in this post: 2D Game Engine | Upside Engine