2D Game Engine | Upside Engine

About the project

Upside Engine is a 2d framework that enables you to create 2d games in roblox with ease and flexibility. With Upside Engine, you can access a variety of features such as physics, lighting, particles, etc. that will enhance your game development experience.

Upside Engine also offers a graphic interface that you can purchase for 350 robux, which simplifies the coding process and lets you focus on your creativity.

This project has been in development for two years, and I have spent the last year reworking it to improve its quality and performance. I am proud to present to you the result of a year of hard work and dedication.

Website

Upside Engine Trailer (v2.0.0)

Upside Engine Presentation

Thanks for reading :)!

147 Likes

this is really cool. Hope someone makes something cool with it.

6 Likes

Looks cool! I’m especially impressed by the tile editor plugin!

I noticed your slime game demo wasn’t published:

Upside Engine Getting Started - Roblox

(found it in the games section of the docs)

It’s still not published or editable btw

5 Likes

this is amazing, and im going to use it for my game but why did you send the post multiple times?

3 Likes

I wanted to post it in the spanish speaking community too, but accidentally I selected the wrong cateogry, this is why I posted this twice in the same cateogry in different languages, but I already requested the removal of the other topic

4 Likes

Oh thanks, I forgot to Mark it as editable

3 Likes

wow thats amazing!!!

3 Likes

This is baffling! This has sparked too many ideas in me and I am sure your engine will help me make them possible. Appreciate you open sourcing this resource!

2 Likes

Incredibly impressive! I hope a lot of people use this to good use, there could be a large boom in 2D games with this kind of tech!

5 Likes

oh thanks for telling me, there are 2 getting started, the public one and the private one that I used for testing, it seems I put the wrong link. I will fix it now, thanks.

3 Likes

I’m going to make the super mario bros with this engine

4 Likes

This is totally awesome! This is a game changer for some developers. I am really curious on how you made lights blending without lag. I would probably pay for plugin if i had Robux.

3 Likes

Sorry but doesn’t the model have to be paid?

3 Likes

Logo looks a lot like the ClickTeam Fusion logo… but it otherwise it seems pretty sweet!

Models can only be free, but it seems like the creator is aware of this, and markets the paid plugin to help people with less programming experience to still easily use this custom engine, as well as making it easier overall to use all of it’s features.

4 Likes

I am quite surprised by the coincidence, despite the similarity, the artist in charge of the logo was not inspired at all by the click team fusion logo.

2 Likes

No, community resources is for both free and paid resources

4 Likes

I know, I was asking why the model wasn’t paid

4 Likes

The model is free to give all the possibilities offered by the project to everyone, and the plugin is paid because it is a way to support the project and have some extra facilities.

4 Likes

thanks!
I’m too poor for the Plug-In sadly… but hopefully I’ll get it sometime in the future!
Good luck!

2 Likes

Wow, great job!!!
I didn’t think that was possible in Roblox but you pulled it off. That’s awesome work.

4 Likes