Roblox 2D game engine! [Mega update]

This post is outdated, updated post here.

Why did I make this engine?
A lot of people don’t even think about 2d games, they go directly to the 3d, since they have many methods, the 2d don’t have any kind of support

2D games are coming!
With this I pretend that roblox is not only oriented to 3d, and that anyone can enjoy making a good game in 2d, be it retro style, or those of today

Website
https://upsideengine.glitch.me
References
On the website, you can see a game that you can use as a reference to know how certain things are used, although the reference game is not very well done, it can serve you to know how to do some things.

Demostration
Here you can see what you can create with Upside engine, I will put a video about a little game that I did in a very short time.

Video UpsideEngineDemo

Discord
Here’s the Upside engine discord server.

The engine
The engine has a plugin that can help you to develop your games, you can install it clicking here.

On the website, you can also publish your games by requesting it in the official discord of the engine to which you can join from the web.

Happy development!

164 Likes

Cool! I haven’t tried it yet but I am interested. Great job!

7 Likes

Thank you, I hope it’s useful for everyone.

5 Likes

i really love your work :grinning: :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been programming this for a month, the project was abandoned for a few months, but I’ve finally published it :)!

9 Likes

Looks clever. Background is kind of blocky to be honest.

6 Likes

Everything is made so that things like the background are fully customizable, on the website of the game engine you can access the project of the video and see how it is programmed, also say that that game I did it fast and it did not look very good in terms of code

3 Likes

Ok, thanks!

Really clever, looks great!

3 Likes

Thank you! I too can’t wait to see which games are created with my work :)!

3 Likes

That engine is very good. I hope the future will be great! :cat:

6 Likes

You can’t play it, but everyone has access to edit it

2 Likes

You should add a example usage of the engine.

To people understand how to use it without going through the website. (yeah i still recommend using the engine’s website)

3 Likes

I spent a whole week doing the web, it cost me a lot, besides, all the documentation doesn’t fit here, there’s a reference project, with which you can orient yourself

1 Like

Hm, Understandable. I’m using it right now.

1 Like

Nice :+1:, thank you for being interested in my project

1 Like

How does the frameworks coordinate system work?

1 Like

A youtuber named TheDevKing made a similar game.

1 Like

The framework relies on first creating all the objects you are going to use, and then using the :Start() method to generate everything, the :Start() method is recommended to use it only once, you can read the documentation on the website

Oh ok, I didn’t know, maybe I’ll see him later.

1 Like

Ok. When you do, Search “Thedevking 2d game” or something like that.

1 Like