Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

All we need now is a 17+ feature, for the voice chat, if segregated into different categories this could be a peak for the community. Anyone who comes in and lies about their age, to join an older or a younger voice chat should be penalized of course.

4 Likes

I am interested and wish to opt-in the Spatial Voice beta program.

1 Like

There isn’t any opt in for this, it’s just being messaged whether or not you are allowed in or not. As far as I know, being eligible means having some form of DevEx done on your account.

1 Like

Oh so interesting! This is definitely a huge leap for Roblox so I’m looking forward to this!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

How do I active it in my game? I got the dm that im eligible.

2 Likes

I received the private message but the setting to turn this on is simply missing. I have a verified phone number but there is nothing in my privacy settings.

1 Like

Likewise. I’ve seen a lot of people getting it on random accounts after verifying their phone number. I don’t know if they have a pattern for it anymore but it’s starting to feel less like a closed beta and more like a lottery.

3 Likes

What are the qualifications for being selected? I’m curious now since the term “top developer” doesn’t really apply anymore to a number of people recruited after september 18. What is this selection based on? Place visits? Affiliation to top developers? Youtube subscribers?

3 Likes

Great experience although I am seeing a lot of users pretending to have spatial voice chat.

yes I was wondering the same thing!

I clicked archive on the invitation and it vanished :expressionless:

I didn’t know this

Devexing for age verification is definitely a part of it, although ive gotten my invitation on the 3rd idk if i understood the sentence wrong

I only just noticed yesterday night i got that message while looking for those refund messages

Once Developers are able to integrate Spatial Voice Chat into their experiences, will the owner/editors of an experience be required to verify their identify in order to test Voice Chat in Roblox Studio?

If so, does this mean that Developers who do not verify their identity are limited to enabling/disabling the feature and modifying its functionality without being able to test it themselves to determine if it’s been configured correctly for their experiences?

Honestly really excited for the Spatial Voice, was something that was a long time coming and is a nifty feature to add.

Honestly curious how moderation aspects play into this, but it’s something I can’t wait to get access to.

1 Like

Not true, I was invited into the program and I am not eligible for DevEx nor have done it ever.

Honestly? they should just remove the chat filter if you’re 13+ and verified IMO

1 Like

Its a good improvement to the Roblox website it has some upsides and down sides ill explain them below.
Good things:
It improves communication with players to make the experience better.
It also makes it a lot easier to role play with others like not having to stop when you are going to type.
The Bad things
I’ve spent a lot of time with other people with voice chat, there is a lot of swearing however i think this is okay for 13+ as most games with swearing and with applications like discord i dont think this is a big deal.

At the end of the day i think roblox voice chat is a good idea and it should stay for 13+

Thanks! Sav.

2 Likes

yep same, i want my voice chat access back idk why its gone

I cant wait to try this once I get access like all my friends LOL

Please let me be a tester I am a developer with 3.7 million visits!
I also did not get any crown of Os even though I got more than 1M MAU
I think Roblox hates me.

3 Likes