Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

Now this is exciting! Can’t wait to see.

1 Like

The new Roblox community space social features would make incredible additions to Miner’s Haven and Azure Mines. We are super excited to add them

10 Likes
  • Spatial Voice (Beta) - We are inviting select developers to preview the upcoming Spatial Voice feature within the Roblox Community Space. You’ll get a Private Message from Roblox later today if you are invited , and we’ll gradually invite more developers in the coming months. Our goal is to let all interested developers test Spatial Voice while it is in Beta.

There’s no plausible way that this is going to go pleasantly nor smoothly when it rolls out for everyone.

1 Like

Every thing seems very cool. Neat way to test it out. Only gripe I have is spatial voice chat.

I know recently that there was a requirement to have an ID and to verify through a third-party vendor. Is this still the case? Every announcement I’ve seen or read so far jumps around this.

Secondly, I too am wondering how this is moderated. Will my voice be recorded and reviewed by a moderate or will it be purely voice-to-text transcripts?

If a staff member or whatnot can clear this up, that would be nice. I am 18+ so, this kinda affects me the most.

2 Likes

I personally like the idea of voice chat being 16+ Only which is something I’ve seen floating around, Sounds difficult to enforce though considering people can just set their DOB.

1 Like

The guessing game doesn’t use IgnoreGuiInset

5 Likes

Will developers under 18 be able to use spatial voice in studio for testing (Play test/Local server)?

2 Likes

I’m very interested as to how the voice chat will work, can’t wait to test it!

Voice chat would be pretty cool to mess around with, dont know if it would be too useful for my game other than trading but I hope that a large majority of people are able to make friends using this feature, sucks having to stay at home all the time

I just realized that voice chat might be used as an incentive to get Premium. That would be a very well thought out market strategy that not only brings in money but would also make moderation easier if you put a paywall that prevents bot accounts and spam from speaking.

7 Likes

^ Actually a fantastic idea, please make voice chat a Premium only feature. Roblox got rid of most of the special to Premium features when they swapped from builders club, this would be a great way to stop bots. Of course, bots can still buy premium but it helps a ton!

4 Likes

I believe they’re not doing this anymore, just locking it to 13+ users. There shouldn’t be any verification from what I’ve read in all the posts.

This is an interesting idea… Got me thinking about how you are now going to be Hearing about the latest robux “generator” scam.

1 Like

not sure if roblox will do this, sounds interesting though

I think this would actually be a bad idea. If ROBLOX were to restrict features that other competitors utilize in a less restricting way, people will consider using other options instead. Services like Discord and Skype are already more desirable as they offer more at the moment and, once again, their voice chat implementation isn’t really restricted much, if at all.

4 Likes

If they say developers 13+, probably means it will be available to 13 and above.

2 Likes

I would believe it is easier to have a free product mindset when there is less restrictive moderation and have the users moderate their own server. In Roblox’s case, the Roblox mods have to moderate everything (most of it is bot moderation), but trying to moderate a platform as big as roblox is next to impossible if it was a free feature. If it is a paid feature, there is less to moderate.

I’m scared of things like people playing bad audios through voice chat so that would be a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t mind the inclusion of Voice Chat personally.

What I am on the fence about is the apparent (and possibly rumored) ID verification that requires you to verify with some sort of identifying information (like a driver’s license, birth certificate, etc). While I understand that it is to make sure those who are underaged cannot use any voice services, I am still concerned about children using a relative’s ID to bypass this restriction, and also concerned in relations to the information I am giving Roblox (privacy concerns, all that stuff).

5 Likes

Although some of these features may not fit all games so I hope we’re able to disable them. Very epic that we’re getting voice chat along with better social perks. Good job with the new update roblox! :smile: