Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

I really hope I get access to something like this, this is exciting for me as this is something I have wanted on this platform for a while.

1 Like

Actually, it has been stated that it is 13+. And, in my opinion, this could be a bad thing, as people would most definitely abuse it. Yes, roblox is making a flag system to deal with annoying users and people abusing VC permissions, but thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people would use this every day. This could be VERY difficult for ROBLOX staff to deal with all the flags that would happen; I am excited to see how they’ll do this and if they have the moderation capacity to do this yet.

All in all, I’m excited but at the same time concerned for this update.

1 Like

Tried to use the voice chat feature in the “Roblox Community Space” experience. Depending on the server it’d pick up my voice, but most of the time it didn’t. I couldn’t hear other people who had the feature either when I was in a server with them, and it was stated that they were talking.

2 Likes

Very excited for voice chat on Roblox. Can’t wait!

Wait… only 5,000 chosen, right?
And I was chosen…?
WHAT.

3 Likes

I hope the voice chat will have a voice changer, because i hate my voice and i hope it will be 13+

I doubt it would. Imagine how many people would abuse this feature.

Also, it is 13+.

Congratulations! You are quite lucky. I am still waiting to see if I get an invitation myself, but good job getting chosen- this is a rare and unique opportunity. :smiley:

1 Like

This. Why do we need a phone number?? Its voice chat??

Please reconsider this decision. I’d love to test voice chat but to restrict it to a feature that makes your Roblox account less secure is unwise.

7 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m still in a lot of shock, considering I’m not even that big or even recognizable. It doesn’t even feel right lol. I’m not a huge dev or anything… just a smaller clothing designer.

2 Likes

Awesome to see voice chat in action, but this is a bit concerning!

Most developers that are on top of their account security have disconnected phone numbers from their accounts to prevent reduce risk of being compromised. Are there any plans to remove this feature in the future? I would hope that voice chat doesn’t force you to connect a phone number to your account that can also be used to reset your password.

7 Likes

I believe it would be more fair if those of us enrolled in the Beta Program were to receive the opportunity of having Spatial Voice chat.

5 Likes

Hi I don’t have access to this feature in my settings. How can I fix this? : )

edit: nevermind realized it’s a select few. I hope i can try this feature out soon : )

1 Like

Why is it only developers who have verified phone numbers that can get access? I’m almost 22, but I removed my phone number from my account due to sim swapping security issues.

Is there any possibility for devs who’ve done this to gain access, or is this not a possibility?

11 Likes

Honest opinion, I’m very excited to use these features once the game becomes open source! You never disappoint me, and that’s something I like!

And overall, I’m mostly excited to use the spatial voice feature, I plan on using it when it releases or whenever I get selected to beta test it! :grin:

1 Like

I was really hyped about this update until I saw this. Is this how Roblox will stop botting and misuse of VC, by requiring a phone number? That’s really disappointing, as nowadays on Roblox having a phone number attached to your account makes it super vulnerable to hacking. This will be yet another hurdle for using VC, just like ID verification was which competitors like Discord and even Guilded don’t have. If Roblox goes through with this VC may be dead on arrival.

2 Likes

Are there any requirements to be eligible for the beta?

1 Like

Here’s an idea for voice chat: Imagine the voice chat audio comes from a Sound instance, Now what if the sound instance had a property called “Speaker” where you could set it to a player instance in the server and any time they were to talk, other players with voice chat could hear the voice of the player set to the “Speaker” property. The use for this feature is very volatile as you could create something as simple as a PA system for schools on a roleplay game adding to the interactivity for users.

6 Likes

I wish that were possible. for now we got api only, unless u were able to connect a specific player to the sound instance using a script :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Is voice chat the only real feature being added? The photo booth, wall art, and emote bar seem like random things that only belong to this game. Why was the post written like this, to imply those are new features coming along with voice chat?

1 Like