Roblox Developer Challenge 2023

Where is theme? I read all messages i dont see theme.

Here’s the theme @KaranBlox

1 Like

yes right I forgot the event day.

2 Likes

Are we allowed to add gamepasses into our game?

The terms and conditions don’t mention anything about not adding it into your games.

Hey @Game-Jammers!

The challenge starts now! The theme is Chain Reaction! Use your creativity and surprise us.

Remember to submit your experience through this survey by March 20, 10 PM PT.

Have fun!

62 Likes

Goodluck to everyone! Exciting theme!

7 Likes

This will be interesting. Excited! Thank you a lot ROBLOX. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with/

3 Likes

Good luck everyone who are joining!

3 Likes

Good luck everyone that’s participating!

3 Likes

Uhh good but, i not understand theme.i searched on the internet and could not find such a game theme. What does chain reaction mean?

1 Like

Like dominoes, a chain reaction of explosions. Basically something causing a reaction from another thing.

It’s a very hard theme.

3 Likes

Think of it as one or more things occurring based on the result of one of your actions.

4 Likes

Good luck to anyone participating!

2 Likes

What are the rules for using models, or plugins from DevForum? Or other stuff from old games?

1 Like

I’m kind of confused… I searched up the theme and all I see is dominos and shoes.

1 Like

You’re allowed to use pre-developed resources, but make sure to list them in the submission survey!

2 Likes

Pretty sure the theme means create a game that has the key functionality of using a chain reaction effect in it i.e. a game based around setting bombs that cause huge chain reactions or a game legit based around dominos and such.

Just use your imagination :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve made a new contest thread on the subreddit here, and you can use this flair link to see all of the posts about the event on the subreddit, such as people looking for game testers or team members.

I’ll also include my definition of a chain reaction:

A chain reaction is a series of events caused by one action. For example, if you put three bombs down in a line, then set off the first one, the second bomb will explode in reaction to the first one, then the third bomb will explode as a result of the second one going off. The second and third bombs are said to have exploded in chain reaction to the first bomb going off. Note that events do not necessarily have to be the same exact reaction; A tree falling, because its trunk was blown up, can still be a valid chain reaction.

Some videos of Chain Reaction games, if it helps stir your imagination:

Let's Play Epic Combo - YouTube (Epic Combo, from Armor Games; skip to about 3-4 minutes in)

Icy Gifts 2-Walkthrough - YouTube (Icy Gifts 2, developer unknown, but found on Kongregate and 2PGame)

Infectonator 2 Full Gameplay Walkthrough - YouTube (Infectionator 2, Toge Productions, found on Kongregate and has a mobile game. Content warning: Blood, Mild cartoon violence)

2 Likes

I started wondering, what if I wan’t to make a game that requires more than 1 player. Is it against the rules?

also, this theme is really hard!

1 Like