Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

Cool, I’ll problaby participate, but only peoples that recieve that mensage from roblox about the gamejam cam participate? Or players that don’t receive can’t participate? I have an friend that want to participate but he doesn’t receive the mensage.

2 Likes

W ROBLOX IN CHAT!

This is my first attempt on a roblox game jam lets goo!

1 Like

i love how the end of the terms is basically:
WE WILL KILL YOU IF YOU TOUCH OUR BABY

1 Like

I’d love to team up with a few people to do this challenge! If anyone’s interested, I’m a builder with +3 years of experience and an artist with +8 years of experience. I’d love to team up with someone and do this for fun and experience

2 Likes

I have an question: My team members must be peoples that receives that mensage about the gamejam or can be any person that wants to join the team?

edit 1: I have an friend that wants to join but he is not sure if he can participate, because he didn’t receive the mensage from roblox about the gamejam

edit 2: I’m reposting this because no one responded my mensage and my friend, wants to know soon as possible

edit 3: We will no longer participate this because we given up, we can’t do this at time, don’t need to respond this because we aren’t going to participate this, but in future we are will participate, we feels that we are not ready, See you guys in future.

1 Like

Little late here, but anyone still looking for team members? I’m a builder and (somewhat) decent programmer! If so feel free to reply here or send me a DM. :email:

2 Likes

Sure.
Never done a game jam before. Might be an interesting challenge.

1 Like

flobberdart bouta get in on this one :octopus:

1 Like

This is going to be a very interesting experience.

Anyone looking for a teammate?

2 Likes

i currently have a team of 3 were looking for a animator and modeler anyone down? (Send me a message on dizzy @tofulot)

1 Like

Uhh what is this?

@Gu4rana.
It seems to be quite inaccurate from the details listed in this topic. Like 4 categories, and USD$20,000!?

2 Likes

SO EXCITED! I’ve seen game jams before but this year I’m going to do it! Now I do have a question, do open source assets count as assets we own the rights to? Cuz technically yes and no…

1 Like

I previously got the Game Jam rewards last year with my past friends, I can’t do it with any of my present friends due to them only knowing other scripting languages like Python, so I might as well go solo this time unless anybody is willing to join me on this adventure! Just give me a direct message and I’ll try to respawn ASAP.

Anyone up for a team?
A friend and I are pretty good at scripting, so we’d need people who can build and model good.
If needed, I’m also able to make UIs :wink:

If interested, send me a DM on dizzy (doppel_r_dwr) or join the server that is linked in my group “Doppel Studios”

Anyone looking for a good scripter?
It’s pretty much all I do but I’m gonna give this jam thing a try if I can find anyone, or anyone finds me.

I was about to join until I FOUND OUT THAT IT STARTS IN 3 AM IN MY TIME, I CAN’T STAY AWAKE FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND JUST TO WORK ON A ROBLOX GAME. I am joining in! [It will be made between 11 AM to 1 PM soo yep]

Everyone requires discord but I can’t because it’s a terrible company, before you say “Every company is a terrible company”, you’re incorrect. I have seen some good companies like Valve. also discord is banned in the UAE, I could use a VPN but it’s illegal to use a VPN to access banned apps and sites

I would want someone else to join me, I would need an artist [sound and drawing] to join me as I’m decent at other skills, but I have a question:

Can we create a place inside a group?

1 Like

4 catogarys with each $5000 all catagorys is $20000

I have a question, you said we can only create a game in the time period here, **

but in the submission thing you said we have to submit the game link so may you explain more?

Okay so a team of 5 gets 5k usd i.e 1k each. What if a solo person wins 1 category? Do they get 5k usd or 1k usd? What if one persons wins the entire competition. Would they get 20k usd or 4k usd?

1 Like

Basically what they are saying is that you should do the submission survey only when the gamejam ends i.e on 28th jan.