Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

DEAR BODI

A story game about writing a letter to an old friend.

My game for the 2024 Roblox Developer Challenge. Did the art, music, UI, programming, and building. This was my first time creating music.

Hope you all enjoy.

6 Likes

your game no worky, I stuck in the mail left side and mailbox right side screen

nvm I used WASD to move the mail instead of mouse and it workee

made a silly little game (solo dev)

This is our game :>

Awesome_Lathusca_1

The Conductor - Roblox

A Stanley-Parable inspired game in which your choices can lead to an unexpected development, the game was made by a team of 4 and there are 5 endings you can achieve.

4 Likes

I only just realised how dark it is at the last scene :frowning: .

my game

i’m sorry i absolutely broke this AI

I should have known that pile of mail would have pulled on my heart strings.

Woah, this must be a really good game! Wow :wink:

1 Like

Just wanna make a quick post about the game me and my team had created!

Team - @pokedragon100000 @Shaftez @hgDonthole @Andrew9126 @Shayph

1 Like

Here’s my team’s game for this jam :package: :articulated_lorry: :tornado:
Thank you @JavaCoded @lego555444 @TofuStore @son451 for being my team this year :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :boom: :boom: :boom: :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

When the virtual item will be awarded???

Check out the game my team developed! :smiley:

Played every single submission, here are the top games in my opinion

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Au0rrtEDrDrjj0xHGXvQIpNFj9Cv?e=RRadcq

2 Likes

Made just by me :sunglasses:

Since no one from our team has posted the game here, I will do it.
We made a short horror game inspired by FNAF (FNAF 4 to be exact) & Welcome to the Game.

People that worked on the game: @Tmesh_Alt, @guiPlayz_X, @FabulousTrophies, @RowManScouter and me.

This was very stressful, especially in the last hours but I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I’ve just got to say… WOW! Like @WaflSyrup said, how in the world did you do this in such a short period of time? Even with all the assets!

Is this even Roblox?!?! Is it 2D or 3D or a mix of both?? How in the world do you pull this off???

1 Like

It was so fun to participate this year! I had seen game jams in the past and heard about how great they are and how much they push you as a developer, but I had no idea how helpful this would be for me!
I have been on the platform for 6 years, messing around in studio for 4 years, and taking it seriously for 2 years. In all that time this was the first game I ever published! It was a great incentive and despite its shortcomings, I’m super happy with the way it turned out (especially for just working by myself!). I’m a noob scripter (at least in this language) and this taught me so much about OOP and raycasting.

Here’s my game:

Named after a famous Yes song you should all listen too. I also listened a lot to Xanadu and 2112 by Rush while making this.

(and frankly, yes, i do wish i did something besides AI for the thumbnail, but hey I only had 3 days give me a break)

Thanks all, DEV

2 Likes

This is dope. it’s simple, but require a bit thinking(for me loll)

1 Like