Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

I literally started like 6 hours before the deadline. I also wasn’t planning on actually participating since I realized I was busy the whole weekend.

Well, I gave it a try, why not? Here it goes…

1 Like

Here’s our submission! We didn’t have much time in the end and this is our first one so don’t expect much, but this was really fun to do.

2 Likes

Vangurdian - Roblox Just sending this here again to get some feedback! Reply with your thoughts on it

1 Like

Added the game! Keep an eye peeled to see if it gets recommended.

1 Like

You missed this one :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

I really love this game!! If there was a chapter 2 or something that was a little longer (of course the first one is short because of the time limit) I would totally play it.

1 Like

Yo, I look back my project and it said updated TODAY even though I didn’t touch since 11 AM PST yesterday!! I have proof too!!!

(Just noticed if you change the description, the publish date moves up even though the game version wasn’t affected however I am posting this in case)

Hello everyone!
We understand your concerns regarding submissions that were left on private. Because this does not count toward development of the game and it affects your chances at the People’s Choice category, we have made the decision to allow you to publicize your games before the judging period begins. This will be the only edit you are allowed to make post-submission, and any other edits will disqualify your submission.

5 Likes

Are you speaking on changing game visibility access between private or public, or are you replying to my concern about how editing the description counts as disqualification, or everything in general that is outside of version history of the game?

Really hard to tell, I read it like 5x times and each time slower, but didn’t know what side of the issue you were addressing.

I already posted my game earlier but can someone give me some critique on what to do better/what was good? This was one of my first full game jams so I was quite excited. Thanks!

Game link: Decipher - Roblox

I am referring to changing the access from private to public.
About your question, we will add a note and review it!

1 Like

Thanks for your support, glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me :frowning: I updated only the description to add NOT MOBILE FRIENDLY as I didn’t want to disable mobile as I thought it would count as an edit but turns out descriptions do too

2 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: :joy: :rofl: , misery loves company, looks like our 48 hours of work went down the drain

baba is you? very cool nice job

2 Likes

Yeah, I got inspiration from that game, and thought that such game will have unexpected ways to win =D

Our game was inspired by Former Philippine Largest Broadcast Network

• The tools in game was our Local Money here in Philippines
  • The Iconic and Historic Building of ABS

Our game was inspired from escaping math classes to develop Roblox games.

BUT WAIT !!!
In order to escape math class you have to use MATH and your BRAIN! You thought Mr. Maf was gonna let you off that easy?? No no no no, not on mr maf’s watch.

DON’T LET MR. MAF CRUNCH YOU

Developers: @KinqAndi, @KinqAddy, @M0XTz, @OnlyRoids, @Dolm3D

8 Likes

I opened studio and downloaded a local copy because I wanted to show some tech to a friend, now the game shows as updated 4 minutes ago, will this be a problem?

You can also direct message DevRel on the DevForum

1 Like