Roblox Developer Challenge 2024

What are your guys thoughts on our submission? We worked super hard on it over the 2 days! It caused a lot of stress but it was super fun!

Team ZED:
@Arenoir
@Regionality
@DocLimerence

7 Likes

i loved it! you should for sure expand on it after i think it would do well

1 Like

I loved it very clean very fun awesome party game.

1 Like

Very fun game, with a lot of potential! I found only 2 downsides of it: 1 - laggy when there’s 30 copies of myself, and it’s impossible to get to the desired point sometimes bc some characters don’t despawn and block target point. Everything other is good =D

1 Like

I have got 1 question about this winning category (IK it’s late, but still): what is considered technical quality, functionality? As I remember, there was question in submisssion form which asked “What new roblox technologies you have used?” or similar to this. Is it related to this specific category, in terms of usage of new things, like buffer, shapecasts and etc, or I’m trying to connect unconnectable things with this question?

Basically, if you utilize new ROBLOX mechanics, you can win that award.

1 Like

Hello, pretty late to the party but here’s our submission to the game jam (We made and submitted it on time, we just didn’t post it in this thread)

Credits:
Scripting - @LightningLion58 @Bitsplode
Modeling and UI Design - @lukasmurde
Animation and Trailer - @williamcb2007

Here’s the video:

Here’s the game:

The gameplay is very short, but let us know your thoughts :slight_smile:

There’s a small bug when you use the exit door the dialog doesn’t play. However, once the dialog ends the game continues as normal. If you play and reach the exit door please bear with us and stay for a few seconds until the dialog ends and then the boss fight will play :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Alright, so I really liked the parkour, and change in themes - sci fi, sky island, etc. Some of the builds could use a little bit more work, but the textures on the parts weren’t bad, most people don’t use different textures, so good job on that. The parkour had to be my favorite part, because It involved skill, and the metal blocks moved up and down. Overall, the builds could be better, but you beat quite a lot of people in your amazing use of textures, and simple, but pleasing UI. Great work.

1 Like

The models and voice acting were a nice touch, as well as the texturing. However, No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get another ending besides the voiceless one. On my 4th try, I got the Undeciseful ending. However, I always ended up in the three items room, and couldn’t seem to get another badge. The voice acting could be a bit faster, but nice job on everything.

Amazing game, 10/10 maybe a winner… Gameplay was simple, and easy to understand, the map was well made, the sounds were great.

1 Like

no way its flobberdart on the thumbnail :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hi there! Could you try my teams game? Would appreciate some feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trailers and Gameplay of my submission, Pandora’s Box:

(The links no longer work…YouTube blocked the trailers as ads)

1 Like

I actually thought I had a chance at immersive experience until this crushed my dreams.

Heres my game i helped with in the gamejam made with me and my good friends !! :smiley:

2 Likes

Are different size teams graded differently? Because obviously a 5 person team is going to be able to do alot more than a 2 person team (or solo’s)

Are teams that used assets graded differently versus teams that didnt use premade assets?

1 Like

Alright, so the builds and music fit in with the theme, I love how smooth the building, scaling, and rotating are, But, I noticed that you can bypass most of the levels by scaling parts all the way to the next level. One massive part is quicker than building a few bridges. In a few places it seemed to get laggy too, mostly on the final rotation level. I liked your builds, the gameplay was very smooth, and the tools worked nice and clean. Great work.

3 Likes

I hope so. If not, the chances of a 1 person team winning are nil.

1 Like

When the winner will be announced

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling someone’s been going through all the games leaving dislikes as most of them have around 3

1 Like