Roblox DMCA Exploit False BAN Please Help

IF MY ACCOUNT CONAT_NATE LOSES ACCESS TO DEVFORUMS, I WILL CONTINUE TO POST UPDATES ON METARRAY, MY ALTERNATE ACCOUNT.

My account, yes, concat_nate, the very one that I am using to create this post is terminated on ROBLOX.

I recently uploaded multiple UGC items that were targeted by “fh1p”, a ROBLOX user who falsely DMCA’s UGC creators on ROBLOX.

Exploit:
I understand how this exploit works. They download my UGC’s mesh, publish it as an existing marketplace model, whose creation date was before my UGC was uploaded. Then, they submit this via the Rights Manager. ROBLOX sees that their model’s creation date is before my UGC’s and assumes I am violating IP.

I have submitted a report to ROBLOX support, but I am not 100% confident they will understand or do anything. Does anyone have any tips? This happened yesterday and I am trying to do everything I can to get unbanned as I have tons of valuable stuff on this account.

If you are still doubtful of the legitimacy of what I am saying, I have first-handedly seen underground Discord communities who create tutorials of how to do this, exactly as I have described. Please do use this exploit, I am not promoting it and I am simply trying to get unbanned.

Further, if you look at fh1p’s profile, it is clear that he is associated with DMCA troll accounts. I know ROBLOX keeps model update history, so hopefully ROBLOX staff will be able to review that or model overwrite dates, and hopefully remove my ban, as well as restore my item.

Some of the DMCA Abuser accounts include:

https://www.roblox.com/users/5424377631/profile
https://www.roblox.com/users/5354584502/profile
https://www.roblox.com/users/5424337652/profile

(Some have been terminated, so that further gives me hope that ROBLOX is aware of this situation and can hopefully help me out :pray:)

Again, please leave any suggestions in replies.

14 Likes

I have also emailed copyright agent, opened a support ticket about moderation and DMCA (not too sure which is most effective).

4 Likes

I’m in the exact same situation. I was banned from Roblox yesterday for violating intellectual property (IP) guidelines on a few occasions. However, I actively reached out to Roblox to request the removal of those items and appealed the ban and I do regret it.

Now, let’s focus on the specific asset that triggered the DMCA claim. Upon reviewing it, it seems highly unlikely that the person who filed the claim holds the actual ownership rights to the asset. I suspect this might be a troll.

edit: I have sent Roblox a E-mail and linked it to this dev post.

2 Likes

also this is insane

3 Likes

Any luck getting unbanned? Really frustrated and nervous as time is running out for my appeal.

2 Likes

No not yet, now they’re telling me another reason why I’m banned, this is very confusing.

2 Likes

Update: The person that reported me just got banned

2 Likes

How many days till your appeal runs out?

1 Like

30 Days, Roblox support is finally reviewing my counter-notice

2 Likes

Nice, they’re reviewing my request too now.

1 Like

Due to support being so irresponsive, I can’t even ask them a question via email OR the support forum without them telling me that I’m terminated and why. It was for their “Repeat Infringer” policy but I couldn’t delete or archive any of the clothing that was flagged. It’s been months.

2 Likes

If your items were correctly taken down because they violated IP, then that’s on you. This topic is about people like me, who did not violate IP, but were terminated due to trolls.

1 Like

They were items made years ago that I had no way of removing but I digress lol

2 Likes

Appeal again right away and tell them that this is a false termination, and a hacker called ‘fh1p’ targeted your UGC items and DMCA’d them, and that you didn’t really DMCA them and that it’s not your fault.

They may admit their stupid mistake and get your account back.

Also, if the appeal gets denied, appeal again and again until they accept your appeal. My niece once got his appeal accepted on the eighth try, and got his account back.

1 Like

You previously told me that they didn’t give you a warning when you had uploaded your first DMCA’d asset, right?

If so, tell them that you didn’t get a warning at the first time, and that you got an account termination right away without any warnings, and you may get your account back.

2 Likes

I’m now unbanned. There is still hope for you.

1 Like

Watch out man, DevForum logs you off if it detects your Roblox account is banned. I see you’re still online here so good luck getting your account back!
Man… half a month without your main…

1 Like

It’s been a week since my counter notice, still haven’t heard back. Is this normal?

1 Like

Yea, I lost around 700k robux and my alt barely even has 50k. I was going to cash out, but then this happened.

1 Like

I’ve tried that numerous times, it’s lead me time and time again to Roblox saying that they can not assist me further.

1 Like