Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

I first crashed when attempting to use my airpods. Disconnecting them fixed the issue.
Later, when using another wireless headset to play, I disconnected the headset while in a game and instantly crashed.

So, for me, it seems to be an issue with sound devices, specifically bluetooth.

1 Like

I remember this happens to me, when I immediately pull out the USB (which I connected to the headphones) from the laptop.

solution yet?

That is a Hyperion related crash I am pretty sure, you might need to find the program that causes this crash, or just send the memory dump to support and have them whitelist the program.

i have been trying but failed, unpluggin bluetooth USB, Unistalling load of apps nothings seem to fix it

It says there on the crash message that it could be an extension, check your website’s extensions, if all else fails, you will probably have to file a bug report.

i did nothing seem to be working

1 Like

Actually this doesn’t sound too bad as to explaining why it crashes, I mainly have this issue on PC and I always have headphones plugged in, but when I go on my iPad without headphones it seems to work perfectly fine.

1 Like

You need to update to the latest version on github, was fixed then

1 Like

I tried to get ProcDump to work, I struggled with setting it up, and when I finally did get it to work, it didn’t give me any procdump files, but the crashes happen less frequent now so I guess it’s fine.

Edit
Problem now seems to only happen in select games and unlucky people, but I can play for hours on other games without crashing. I did get ProcDump to work though and it gave me a 3gb file…

1 Like

This problem persists. I can play Roblox for 30-50 minutes, and then the game crashes without displaying any error message. This has been happening for weeks despite having 32 gigs of RAM and modern hardware.

6 Likes

Same here, except Roblox crashes immediately upon startup even though it’s been working completely fine yesterday

1 Like

Vouch. Roblox has been abruptly closing sometimes with no warning whatsoever, can’t seem to find anything related in the logs.

4 Likes

Hello Billy,

The popup literally tells you what to do. Alternatively, feel free to send the crash dump directly to me.

2 Likes

Hello all,

If you experience a crash and you couldn’t resolve it using our regular customer support, or if you are unable to create a ticket, feel free to DM me a crash dump directly. Having said that, the majority of the crash dumps I receive nowadays are not Hyperion related, and I have to triage these crashes to other teams. This also means that fixes are part of the regular release cycle rather than some quick fix like uninstall xxx.

There is, however, one issue I see quite a lot these days. It seems that installed Oculus software is interfering with our Client. If you have any Oculus software installed, please try uninstalling it first and check if the client crashes stop occurring.

Thank you

14 Likes

This seemed to work, thanks! No idea why Oculus caused this.

I found out why this is happening and you wont probably believe me. The reason to why this is happening is because of Windows 10 system32 files… If you are on Windows 11, then ROBLOX works without any problems (except if you have software that byfron detects) if you are on windows 10 then somehow it wont start… If you are lucky it works but for many people it doesn’t work on windows 10 just on windows 11 (if you are lucky then it works on Windows 10 but for many people it just works on other operating systems)

3 Likes

I’m having crashing problems as well, I’ve tried countless possible solutions and checked everything I can think of. And the thing is, both my browser version and Microsoft Store version are broken so it’s probably different reasons for each of them. Browser version broke around the end of May, possibly early June, and the Microsoft store version broke around the end of October. Neither of them have worked since they broke, and crash rates vary from instantly to a few seconds after. It has me and my dad stumped, and my dad is usually really good at fixing stuff. My dad tried putting in a ticket, but it only got him frustrated, and we didnt get anything out of it either.

5 Likes

I looked into hyperion a bit more, and my problem is almost definitely hyperion, if the crashes arent from hyperion, they’re coincidentally close to hyperion release dates. Uninstalling rhythm doctor, which uses something to move its own window around during one of the levels, allowed me to get into a game and almost load in, compared to how it would load the joining screen and then crash instantly.

4 Likes

if you get a solution lmk, i put in 2 tickets so far and got no response, i deleted a bunch of stuff and ran roblox alone with no other apps in the background, still nothing

2 Likes