Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

Of course, go ahead, but please do add your friends username so I don’t mix up stuff.

2 Likes

This is my friends (mattdoot)'s log file
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-crashes-after-the-game-loads/2320200

4 Likes

Update: Roblox doesn’t even open and attempt to open the game anymore. I click play then it just closes by itself.

20 Likes

I got this problem but its happens in some games…

4 Likes

I’ve had a similar issue for the past 2 days haven’t been able to figure out the problem. I see the roblox game client on task manager for only about 2 seconds until it disappears and nothing else happens afterwards.

So far I’ve tried to

• re-install roblox
  • Clean boot
  • Updating driver
  • Updating windows

Despite all these, the issue does not change and continues happening 100% of the time.
The task manager also says “Roblox (32-bit)” despite reinstalling, so unless that’s just a visual thing I have no idea how I would fix that.

Last time roblox worked normally was 4/5/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) at around 2 Am EEST.

EDIT:
Issue cause has been found.
HitmanPro.Alert service (an anti-malware) mistakes (assuming) roblox game client for a malware, and blocks it immediately.
Disabling it in System Configuration (msconfig in search bar) OR making an local exclusion to RobloxPlayerBeta.exe and RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe should make roblox work again if you have the same problem as I do.

I’ve been told the issue is being fixed.

8 Likes

aren’t you supposed to send it privately?

4 Likes

Hello all,

This is a reminder to please file a bug report if possible. Only if your score is not high enough, should you send me DMs directly. DMs need to be manually triaged and this can significantly slow down the process of finding a solution.

Thank you for your understanding.

9 Likes

Having same issues, all though it only crashes when I launch it for the first time on startup or new fresh client install. (The game does load then crashes after with the old cursor.)

4 Likes

Here it is.
0.574.1.5740447_20230505T204239Z_Player_B56FF_last.log (3.0 KB)

7 Likes

This is a bit upsetting as I use a Cloud PC (Shadow) to develop and play VR games with Roblox. It looks like this might not be possible for me with the new Byfron client.(as Shadow is virtualized)

7 Likes

Hello a_lyve,

Could you please clarify if you are having issues or if you expect to have issues?

5 Likes

I’m having a similar issue as well.

Sometimes the ROBLOX Player window will open up for a few seconds then crash. Other times it won’t even open up ROBLOX at all.

7 Likes

Any updates on what’s causing my issue? It’s been getting kind of annoying and I have no clue what’s causing it.

6 Likes

Yes, Roblox client is crashing on startup on my Shadow PC Instance. It’s a Virtualized instance and as far as I’ve been made aware, VMs are no longer supported under the Byfron client. Is that correct?

5 Likes

@Bitdancer I’m having the same issue. I literally can’t join any games whatsoever.

8 Likes

I sent you a DM, I also attached a log file in it.

4 Likes

I have the same issue.

Somehow “Window App” Version of roblox seem to be working and studio also, but main roblox just crash on lunch giving the same error, looking at the logs its not giving a lot of information, its actuly kinda of the logs that @Astelan has given.

And yes i also use “Shadow PC”, if its indeed blocked now that really sucks.

5 Likes

So I can join games on the microsoft store app, but not the browser…?

6 Likes

For me… somehow its seem to work with the microsoft app only… and not the usual way.

7 Likes

Hello all,

One of the challenges we face right now is that we receive all kinds of bug reports, some of which are Hyperion-related, while others are not. A good indicator of a Hyperion-induced crash is if the client crashes right after starting. However, regular core dumps do not contain enough information for us to find out the name of the program that interfered with the client, and therefore we ask users to perform a clean boot and eliminate all potential intrusive software.

Another option is to create an extended crash dump using procdump from Microsoft and share it with us. To create an extended crash dump, follow these steps:

1. Download and extract ProcDump: ProcDump - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
  2. Create a folder called dumps (e.g., C:\dumps)
  3. Open an elevated command prompt where you extracted procdump and run this command: procdump -ma -i C:\dumps. Click Yes if any prompts appear.
  4. Now run Roblox player again, and it will automatically create a crash dump in C:\dumps. You can send us one of the dumps that are created there (there will likely be two of the same crash).

We recommend compressing the crash dump before sending it to us.

17 Likes