Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

In addition to *.dmp files, please also search for HYP*.tmp files.

Would i be able to find this in the logs\archive folder?

Edit: For some reason the dmp files go to logs, but then move to this folder automatically

To rule out any old dumps, please follow these steps:

1. Open a command line and go to C:\ using the command cd \
  2. Delete all crash dumps like

1. Start Roblox and let it crash
  2. Search for crash dumps like

ok ive searched my C:\ drive for HYP*.tmp files but i couldnt find any

Why can’t you just remove Hyperion, for a patch, for a day or 2 to see if crash reports continue and if they do you knocked down a huge accusation??

Forums generally skew perception. Overall, the crash rate of the 64-bit client (including Hyperion) is lower than that of the previous 32-bit version. Therefore, there is really no reason to remove Hyperion, especially not because a significant number of crash reports are related to engine issues rather than Hyperion. Even on this very thread, many reports turned out to be resource leaks and multi-threading issues.

1 Like

Like many users of this thread i am having a problem with roblox not launching, it doesnt crash it simply closes after 4 seconds and i already have tried:

• Unistalling roblox
  • Disk cleanup
  • Rebooting the laptop
  • Disabling antivirus

This problem started happening since the last update do you have any idea why this could happen? (btw im on the 32 bit client)

Hello totallynotannpc,

By 32-bit client, are you referring to the 32-bit UWP version available on the Microsoft Store?

Nope its the version you get from the website

Could you please clarify which website you are referring to? The 32-bit Windows client was deprecated some time ago and is no longer available.

Its this one the one you get from the official website

The official Windows client can be downloaded from https://www.roblox.com. If you install the client from https://www.roblox.com, it will be the 64-bit version. The screenshot you provided certainly looks like the right one, but I can’t tell for sure as I do not see the whole browser window.

1 Like

i think i may have formed some confusion

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-28 211217
i called it “32 bit client” because thats how it appears from the task manager when i try to open it, and yes it is the official roblox website as seen in the image but it never ends up opening the actual app

1 Like

That makes sense. Sorry for the confusion. The launcher is 32-bit, while the client is 64-bit. Could you please try starting the client directly from the command line? To do that, navigate to the installation directory and type ‘RobloxPlayerBeta.exe --app’.

1 Like

Its does open and the only notable thing that happens is that the terminal cpu usage goes very high… and then it closes abruptly sorry for editing so many times this post but it actually errors… my bad for not checking the crash logs

1 Like

Increased CPU usage and termination afterwards seem to indicate that the crash handler is writing a crash dump. Are you sure that no *.dmp file can be found anywhere?

Where i could find those files? i can only find the logs that produce after the app closes.
edit: I found them do i send them to you?

Having issues also, I do not have RivaTuner or MSI Afterburner.
This all started about 3-4 days ago, before that everything was working just fine.

Studio takes some time but it opens about 10-15 minutes after clicking edit.
I can’t play test in studio using more than one player.
This is a huge issue, it’s slowing down my development so much not being able to test on more than 1 account at a time.

When trying to play a game from any browser it opens the client but it never actually pops up, it shows that it’s running in the taskbar. After about 45 minutes to an hour give or take the client pops up with me being in game but I’m always disconnected.

When using the windows app I can play games just fine, but I can’t stand the windows app.

I have not downloaded anything before or sense this has started, I do not have any exploits or injectors and it’s not my anti-virus because it was working just fine before and it’s never been an issue before.

4 Likes

Ah, To be completely honest with you. I’ve really given up. I’m not very good with troubleshooting.

*Actually lemme get a crash dump since I havent-

1 Like