Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

what is a PuP? plus i dont understand why attacking the programs they dont interact with roblox i suppose, plus they arent running whenever i play roblox. and i never had this issue before (i already had those programs installed from before)

Interesting. Then I can only assume that the game you’re playing crashed due to a faulty local script.

edit: because Hyperion doesn’t really crash it with the not responding dialog.

Odd, did you take a look at your log files after a crash occurred to identify the issue? Or give the crash logs/other information to the engineering team here.

i would! but i don’t really know where to find them, could you tell me pls :sob:

Direct messages are suitable for @Bitdancer do not directly upload or link your memory dump publicly as it can expose sensitive information, if you are somehow unable to create a new memory dump but have previously generated one before, check your temporary files directory in Windows (assuming you haven’t recently used the Disk Cleanup utility)

Usually memory dumps are massive in file size and the forums won’t allow you to upload a file as big as like 50 MB I believe, if that is the case, upload it to a file sharing platform like Google Drive. Make sure that only people with the link can view and access the file.

4 Likes

No problem, it should be located inside of the AppData directory: AppData/Local/Roblox/logs/

You can easily get to your AppData by holding WindowsKey + R on your keyboard, and typing %appdata%, you should see folders with names such as LocalLow, Roaming and Local if not go back a directory.

You should see a bunch of files like this:

Find the latest log created during the crash, scroll to the very bottom and see if there are any FLog::Error or other information that could hint at the root cause.

2 Likes

i’ve found those, the first have the same time of when i crashed, which one would show the issue?

1 Like

nvm i found the file regarding the crash at that time, i can send it here?

I’m sure it doesn’t contain any sensitive information, best to check first and then send.

(There is usually a IP address mentioned in the log files, these are safe to post as they show what gameserver/UDMUX server you’re being connected to)

1 Like

not that i think.
this is the FLog info

1 Like

Oh wow, is that all? Start and instant crash?
Possibly corrupt installation? Try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox and make sure not to run the installer or the Player itself with administrative permissions.

1 Like

nvm i think i went to the wrong one, maybe is this perhaps?

1 Like

Very odd, I cannot see anything that’d suggest a issue, how about deleting or moving all your logs to a different locating and try to replicate the crash. After the crash, send the log file.

I will do that, i will try to crash again and i will let you know! thanks for the help!

1 Like

To answer your question to what a PuP is. It stands for Potentially unwanted apps. You can read more about them here Potentially unwanted program - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I finally got to crash, somehow it took some days for it to crash this time, but still happened i thought it solved by deleting bluestacks. i wanna know how to DM the flog file in a private message still attached to this post, if someone could enlighten me please!

1 Like

@Bitdancer

I’ve been trying to play roblox for the past few months , when i start playing it will allow me to play for a few seconds before crashing repeatedly, and i haven’t been able to play roblox since.
I have tried to reinstall, clearing cache, updating drivers, but nothing has ever worked, and each time i try to do anything it just crashes each time and it’s a bit frustrating

Herer’s my crash dump from the recent one:

0.597.1.5970668_20231006T115524Z_Player_5FBB7_last.log (3.3 KB)

2 Likes

dont mind me i was reading from the top

do you mind sending the translated text from the dump file in the DMs?

Have been having this issue whilst launching Roblox with Wireshark open, kinda sucks because I like to keep Wireshark running in the background

1 Like

Hello cryptic,

We understand that curious minds like to know what is going on on their machine. We also understand that it is frustrating when folks are punished for their curiosity. After all, many brilliant engineers who work for Roblox now started out by learning how certain games do the things they are doing.

The issue arises when it is taken too far. For example, selling cheats to a large number of our userbase, which leads to entire experiences being abandoned or even shut down. We have no way of distinguishing between curious minds and malicious entities, and as a result, we have to use broad strokes. As the saying goes, this is why we can’t have nice things.

9 Likes