Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

On Linux, yes.
But for Windows, unsure, nobody has really been active in this thread leading me to believe that the majority of the issues that people described here was resolved but the issues varied to person to person.

The last LIVE deployment push was 12 hours ago (8th of November, 21:31 GMT)

I still experience random crashing after playing for a little while, no error log or anything, just like everyone else

3 Likes

Have you done any troubleshooting steps here:

yeah no, unplugging everything, absolutely no external processes, and several other methods haven’t changed it. The update unfortunately didnt help, and i havent tried using the windows store version to see if it helps, but i dont really want to be stuck with the extremely poor quality of that version.

9 Likes

It’s not been resolved for me at all and im Windows.

12 Likes

i have this issue too! i launch a game, wait 3 seconds and the game chrashes. here is a log
0.578.0.5780566_20231125T143810Z_Player_533FF_last.log (3.0 KB) im currently stuck on uwp client.

2 Likes

This is currently happening to me as well since 16th November.

1 Like

its been happening to me for 3 weeks now. Roblox DevRel seems to have fixed the issue for like 50% of people, then suddenly just vanished.

Hopefully @Bitdancer can actually help us as this is still affecting a large amount of users.

1 Like

UWP Client used to work for me, not is just doesn’t work at all. It’s rendered me complete unable to play roblox.

1 Like

I decided to check this thread again, and good lord, this issue still hasn’t been fixed after so long? What are they doing?

1 Like

Which one? There are at least 20 different issues here. Just because there is a crash, it doesn’t mean it has the same root cause. Having said that, there are still a lot of crash dumps in my inbox, and we are working through it one by one.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m also having roblox crashing after loading for a few seconds.

1 Like

I first crashed when attempting to use my airpods. Disconnecting them fixed the issue.
Later, when using another wireless headset to play, I disconnected the headset while in a game and instantly crashed.

So, for me, it seems to be an issue with sound devices, specifically bluetooth.

1 Like

I remember this happens to me, when I immediately pull out the USB (which I connected to the headphones) from the laptop.

solution yet?

That is a Hyperion related crash I am pretty sure, you might need to find the program that causes this crash, or just send the memory dump to support and have them whitelist the program.

i have been trying but failed, unpluggin bluetooth USB, Unistalling load of apps nothings seem to fix it

It says there on the crash message that it could be an extension, check your website’s extensions, if all else fails, you will probably have to file a bug report.

i did nothing seem to be working

1 Like

Actually this doesn’t sound too bad as to explaining why it crashes, I mainly have this issue on PC and I always have headphones plugged in, but when I go on my iPad without headphones it seems to work perfectly fine.

1 Like