Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/hyperion-related-solutions/2322367

4 Likes

Found My Problem: Seems like using OBS with administrator caused my client to crash in the new 64bit type after awhile.

4 Likes

This is excellent news Jzk, thank you for sharing.

Did you compile OPS by yourself or did you download a binary package?

2 Likes

While using discord did you have activity enabled on though? Because i have it off and still crashes but ill try without discord next time. Still don’t understand number 1 Why the hyperion or whatever is so sensitive and number 2 why haven’t they rolled back the update? This is literally terrible, it’s a new low.

6 Likes

My apologizes for the late response, as recommended by you I did a clean boot and began eliminating programs that could interfere with the 64bit client until I found the one causing the problems.

4 Likes

If it helps, I was crashing after 5 minutes of playtime on a clean install of windows 10, so I just decided to revert to a previous version of Windows (1909 in this instance) and now Roblox with Byfron is working flawlessly. I think the problem was with Windows 22H2 as it didn’t seem to working on that edition of Windows.

5 Likes

I would like to mention after the client update, there has been significant memory leaks across many games. Untracked memory has reached 600+ in some games, causing roblox to use more of your ram, which may be causing you to crash. Highest I’ve reached was 3gb of client usage on an XBOX

6 Likes

Unsure if this is related but my game is also reaching extremely high untracked memory usage (3,000 MB+) on the server which is also possibly the cause of our servers crashing.

4 Likes

Hello Mirtiny,

This is very likely not related to Hyperion, nevertheless, it does sound like a bug and we would like to encourage you to file a bug report.

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem to work for me
That now 5 days that I’m trying to found a solution, it’s really annoying that the Roblox update didn’t got reverted since many players have this problem

4 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for posting about this again however Roblox continues to crash with Secure Boot on or with Memory Integrity enabled in Windows Defender. And no, i’m not running on a virtual machine.

It would be nice if i didn’t have to disable both of these just so that i could play on the 64-bit client, so i’d like this to be resolved. Here are my logs and dump files again.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

3 Likes

Same problem.
Solution: Turned of antivirus as it identified the launcher and installer as a virus.

4 Likes

Which anti virus do you mean?

Windows Defender or a Custom one?

3 Likes

That computer had old versions of McAfee and Avast that I deactivated and then it worked.

6 Likes

This happens to me too. I have to rejoin a game at least 2 times for it for not to crash and be able to play normally. I am thinking this has to do with the byfron update and is detecting programs that are unharmful as a menace but no idea literally, i don’t use these things at all.

3 Likes

Hyperion would consistently terminate the client. This sounds like a different issue. Having said that, please keep in mind that the 64-bit client is a new client, and there is a chance that new bugs have been introduced. Therefore, please do not make assumptions based on currently hyped topics, but rather file a bug report so that we can address the issues as quickly as possible. If you just post in this thread, all we can do is make assumptions, which might or might not turn out to be correct.

Thank you for your understanding.

3 Likes

Oh i’m sorry you’re right, thanks for telling me, just hoping these bugs get fixed because even my friends’s launcher crash as well

1 Like

This is why bug reports are so important. The launcher is not Hyperion-protected, a crashing launcher is definitely an issue that requires further investigation.

1 Like

My colleague @teapotsandpie is having this issue as well.

Their system specs:

CPU: 
    Intel Pentium Gold G5400 Dual Core 3.70GHz (8th Gen - Coffee Lake)
RAM:
    Stick 1: 
        2400 MHz 8GB DDR4
    Stick 2:
        2666 MHz 8GB DDR4 (Runs at 2400)
GPU:
    GPU0 (Primary):
        NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB
    (i)GPU1 (Secondary):
        Intel UHD 610 
    Windows 10 Pro
        Version:
             22H2 (OS Build 19045.2728)

A video of the issue occuring:

Logs (17.9 KB)

4 Likes

Never mind that seemed to fix it temporarily the problem still persists it came back after a few days (Not Sure Why It Fixed Itself).

1 Like