Roblox Inspire 2024 Challenge

i’m only going to complain about the prizes here. when i did commission work, i charged $35/hr and worked for 8 hours of day. Assuming I do this for the gamejam, that means three days of work is worth $840. The first place prize is $600 per person. So I have to sacrifice $240 worth of my time for this jam. To put it simply, not worth my time. I don’t appreciate Roblox cheaping out on prizes and failing to see what our talent is actually worth

2 Likes

ngl I’m just here because game jam is fun, theres only dissapointment when you only see the prize money when it comes to these things.

Hello this was very interesting to read I want to know the Roblox community opinion on this I like it just saying

1 Like

Hi, I’m in a team of 4 talented developers for the game jam and we’re looking for an amazing environment artist!

Send me a message if you’re interested in joining our team and eager to win!

1 Like

Game jams are for fun and connecting with other amazing developers. It’s obviously optional so if money is so important, then just don’t participate :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

People seemingly forget this is an OPTIONAL event you don’t have to make a game or participate, it’s all for fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For real, either the time is too low or the money is not enough. I don’t think most people understand what a gamejam is.

The point of this is having fun, creating cool experiences in challenging times and if you win, you get some extra money, a cool avatar item AND now they are offering a trip to RDC, its not a payed job, its optional and if you can’t participate you shouldn’t say anything. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

The challenge theme announcement… around an hour & half from now ?

1 Like

Yeah should be announced soon.

2 Likes

This is a game jam, not a job. Prizes are not based on your wage/hourly rate. Also, this event is voluntary. If you don’t want to participate or don’t like the prizes, then simply don’t participate. The purpose of a game jam is to foster creativity, collaboration, and the joy of game development, not to serve as a direct financial compensation for your time. If your primary concern is monetary value, it might be better to focus on commission work or other paid opportunities, not game jams.

4 Likes

Of course the grand prize is huge… much more than his $840 said earnings.
For the international countries … like me in South Africa… that is massive.
So why wouldn’t it be worth our time… and fun & learning at the same time.

2 Likes

Waiting for this theme man, I’m so excited!

7 Likes

Hey, @Game-Jammers

The challenge theme is Time is Your Enemy! Good luck!

Just a reminder that August 13th @ 10AM PT is the deadline of the challenge. You cannot update your experience after this deadline. Please reach out to @challengesDET if you accidentally updated anything, or have any questions!

Submission survey here: Inspire 2024 Challenge Submission

87 Likes

Good luck all! This will be very interesting…

6 Likes

This is a great theme! good luck to all competitors!!!

5 Likes

Interesting topic, I have a couple of ideas on how to combat this theme!

1 Like

I have miss clickk and added a member that doesn’t exist in the survey. How do I reset it?

1 Like

You can resubmit. We’re going to consider the latest submission!

1 Like

So i put random information to complet it and then I redo it ?

Just fill out the form and on a later date resubmit it with the correct information before the deadline they’ll take the latest one :wink:

1 Like