Roblox Moderation incorrectly refers to the Roblox Terms of Use

Currently at the moment, Roblox incorrectly refers to the Roblox Terms in their warning messages. I’m unable to confirm the scale of this error however appropriate care should be given to review all possible messages.

It is expected that in official moderation notices, Roblox refers to their Terms as Terms of Use and not Terms of Service. This is incorrectly used.

This bug occurs on any account with undealt with moderation of any matter in which this bug occurs.

Image source: @return_end1

Side note: may also occur inside Roblox generic support messages; and the DevForum FAQ:

For those wondering why this is important, by technicality Roblox doesn’t have a Terms of Service; and previous reports have refereed to this simular kind of issue as “higher priority” and “a somewhat important distinction” as referenced here

12 Likes

Just for reference a megathread exists for all of this here which I believe is checked frequently and the actual method for posting typos:

I don’t believe it can be used as an excuse for confusion as the first three articles you get from google when searching “Roblox Terms of Service” is:

(although Roblox would be more beneficial if they forced you to tick a box saying you have read the terms of use, that way it is fully your fault if you don’t read it. also don’t judge me for reading the rules tons of times, always good to be informed)

Don’t quote me on this but I believe #platform-feedback:website-bugs is used for when the site produces an unexpected, unintended or incorrect manner which the bot did do its job right, it just had a typo within it.

Awesome spot though as Warnings happen on the site frequently. :sweat_smile:

That mega thread is specific to the Developer Hub (which was brought up in that post) and not the Roblox website [www.roblox.com], I spoke with a sage to double check for this very specific case.

Secondly, as expressed in the original post, Roblox doesn’t have a Terms of Service and thus it would seem improper to attempt to issue under punishment under a document which doesn’t exist (under that name).

IIRC, based on 3rd party evidence, there is a tick box to confirm you have agreed to the Roblox Terms of Service, which while linking to the correct place (reportedly), is a document which doesn’t actually exist as that name.

Image source: @Ripull’s Twitter. Image date: 6:50 PM GMT · Nov 17, 2019

1 Like

This bug still continues to exist and should realistically be fixed somewhat quickly given the gravity of it. Trying to moderate someone under a policy which technically doesn’t exist.

Example:

Image provided from @BannersWorld’s Twitter - Original Tweet

Small sidenote: “robux” was used rather than “Robux”, another brand guidelines violation.

6 Likes

This feature has been completed in the latest revision of the Roblox moderation notice to players.

Thanks for completing this

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.