Roblox Player Will Not Launch

There’s no issue with leaving MSI Afterburner open - it’s just RTSS that causes an issue.

You can fix this by going into RTSS, selecting Global under your application profiles and set the application detection level to none, thus stopping RTSS from hooking into roblox.

Note: This disables RTSS system-wide, and can be re-enabled using the same steps but by changing the application detection level to low, medium or high when playing other games.

you could also just blacklist roblox from the profiler so that it still works on other games

Hello OwO,

I’m glad everything works for you now. This is clearly a false positive, and we are going to look into it. Thank you for all your patience, help, and persistence

2 Likes

Oh, then I may have forgot to restart after booting on this mode. I do have secure boot enabled.

I doubt that it’s been addressed, but this was breaking every time they updated the client because the installed files are installed under new directories after each update:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Roblox\Versions\Version-(various numbers)

It’d be great if they could keep the install in the same sub directory so RTSS doesn’t break every week (this is the bit where you come in, roblox staff)

My post was pretty much a quick solution that’ll work to get people back into the game regardless of their technical knowledge / skill, but that’s also a viable option.

2 Likes

You can enable Microsoft Detours API hooking in RTSS settings to permanently fix Roblox from detecting it.

3 Likes

The issue seems to be resolved. If anyone is still experiencing this issue and is not also running exploits, please respond to this message before replies for this post automatically closes.

I am still having this annoying error.I reinstalled multiple times,restart computer but no roblox player launch 1 times on 20-30…

1 Like

@Bitdancer At minimum, I and @fouroul94 are still experiencing this issue. Personally, I run into the player not launching approximately every 1/20 tries. If beneficial, I would be happy to enable some FFlags to aid in debugging the issue.

1 Like

I am still having this issue although I tried everything, I even formatted my entire PC today and it still doesn’t work. Whenever I install Roblox and hit the play/join button nothing happens, the Roblox Player never starts or anything. It doesn’t give me any errors either.

Update: I tried disablig MSI Afterburner but now the only difference is that I get this error message whenever trying to join any game: (failed to download or apply critical settings please check your internet connection. error info: httperror: dnsresolve)

I am having this issue as well. I’ve tried shutting down and updating MSI afterburner to no avail. Thought maybe it could be some other program on my computer and continuously closed down random programs, still nothing. I have thus far been unable to get the player to launch at all. It just sort of opens in the background, visible in task manager, but does not display anything (not even the “Starting roblox…” thing).

However when installed from the Windows Store I was able to launch just fine. I would like to avoid having to use the windows store version though as I do not like having to use the roblox player UI and would much rather browse roblox via my web browser… Not to mention the myriad of performance issues I experienced on the windows store version.

If there’s anything I can provide to help (logs, potential fixes to try, etc.), I can provide them or try it out. I have a lot of free time on my hands this week.

Update: Got it working

I was able to get roblox to launch 100% of the time after perusing the forums here for a bit. It seems this is related to SteamVR once again automatically opens whenever starting roblox - #35 by checkersoda (at least, for my issue).

Simply renaming %localappdata%\openvr to %localappdata%\openvr-test completely fixed it. I am now able to launch roblox.

To others who are still having this issue, if you also have VR software on your computers, try this and let us know if it also works for you!

1 Like

The issue is still there for me, and I can’t seem to find the StreamVR folder in my files for some reason?

Are you looking for openvr or steamvr? Specifically it should be the openvr folder.

Also, make sure you’re looking in %localappdata%, not %appdata% (or any other location).

I’m putting this message here, for me this issue has been persisting for almost a year, and since then, Roblox won’t launch at all.

I tried updating my BIOS (which is a MSI motherboard), reinstall roblox, relaunch my computer, start Roblox as admin priority, even use rblxunlocker. Nothing works!

I am desperate and i’m looking for a solution, I’m seriously thinking of going to another platform to make games if I don’t get this issue fixed ;m;

Got same problem with MSI too but at least I can launch Roblox studio

This is still an issue, and one experienced by many people, including me, yet it’s still not fixed. Why?

And for whatever reason no matter what I try I can’t launch games from the website. The standalone launcher works just fine but I hate using it (EDIT: Plus, sometimes it doesn’t open anyway and I have to reinstall it entirely since it opens automatigically after installing). This shouldn’t be an issue anymore.

Necro bumping this, it’s been a year please address it at the very least. This is a cry for help.

Hey everyone, seems like this is a mega thread with a lot of different issues happening. Any chance y’all could file new reports as separate things come up? It will help us compartmentalize, so we can action everything that’s going on. Thanks for understanding. In the meantime, I’m going to close out this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like