Roblox Player Will Not Launch

This issue has resurfaced with my friend as well, with the most recent Roblox update. Exact same issue as aforementioned- client closes itself upon attempting launch.

3 Likes

Issues is now occurring for me again. I cannot even get to play from RobloxPlayerBeta.exe again. I mean this Starting Roblox… window shows for a few seconds and it decides not to do anything at all except for Roblox Game Client running in the background.
RobloxPlayerBeta.exe doesn’t launch on deskstop/taskbar for some reason. Has happened to me today since around 1:44PM EDT.

7 Likes

Happened last week and is happening again today after the weekly scheduled Roblox update. QA is clearly doing really well recently

3 Likes

Happening to me now again. Good work Roblox!

3 Likes

This happened to me a few days ago, and now it’s happening again, lovely. The only solution is to use the MS store version. It’s not as robust as the Windows version, but hey it works

I use RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) as a V-Sync as I get visual lag when playing Roblox. As of the most recent update it is being detected by Bfron and Roblox will not open or work while it is running. I would assume people currently having the same issue might have some background app that is being detected and not allowing Roblox to open.

10 Likes

I closed RTSS but it’s still not opening :frowning:

Update: Nevermind, it works now! I just closed MSI Afterburner and not RTSS lol. Thank you so much!

Closing RTSS and MSI afterburner solved the issue.

2 Likes

I can see why the game client was attempting to benchmark my system now.

I actually went into afterburner’s RivaTuner settings and changed the application detection level to None, and now the game client finally opens.

2 Likes

Quick update on this:
You can re-open both programs after opening ROBLOX without it crashing. This is useful for people who are relying on MSI afterburner to control their hardware fan speeds, and hopefully this can be made a priority as my old computer relied on afterburner to keep the fans turning - so it’s safe to assume that other people will still be in that boat.

As for RTSS, it opens but won’t hook into any applications without restarting your computer. A pain not to have it, but Shift + F5 opens the built in FPS cap and I can monitor other values using HWiNFO.

I had a feeling that was the cause. I closed my RTSS and now it suddenly works.
Thanks.

1 Like

Wow, thank you guys. Closing my MSI Afterburner and RTSS fixed the issue. If you need to still monitor while youre playing you can reopen it after opening roblox.

Okay, that was pretty strange. I also have MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner Statistics Server up. I have to close the MSI Afterburner app to resolve this issue I am having. I’m not sure why it’s doing that, but before the update, it was working fine with the MSI Afterburner app up and running.

3 Likes

I have heard of this issue, I cant tell others how to fix this issue. Roblox need to fix this issue. This seems to be more of a issue with Windows PCs only.

2 Likes

Only disabling RTSS hook worked for me, MSI afterburner can stay on as usual. Although I haven’t done it myself, I’m pretty sure you can create a custom profile to specifically blacklist Roblox from the RTSS hook for now

But yeah, it’s rather strange that this is even a problem. Injections have unique signatures which can be used to identify the specific application so you know what to whitelist for your anticheat. It’s how we are able to use RTSS for Valve games without getting VAC’d…

4 Likes

this should be marked as solution as it seems this is the cause of the issue. if not, then it gives insight that it might be some background application running that you can close in task manager

anyways thank you!

Nothing’s wrong with my DNS. I tried this on both my desktop and laptop computers. Nothing’s changed. This happened days ago, and now it’s happening again. I hate it so much.

My favorite part is how you can’t even open studio with Rivatuner open and enabled.
Smh…

VAC is an automated aob signature scanner. What this means is that when Valve acquires the binaries .dll, .exe of a particular cheat, they take a unique strip of bytes, upload that into their database, and they’re off to the races; (automatically scanning your pc for cheat AOBs when connected to a VAC-“secured” server).

RTSS doesn’t need to be Whitelisted, it just needs to not be blacklisted.

Even the skiddiest of skids can circumvent V’AC’. (junk code)

Could be an issue while you are trying to sign in or access another account in you’re same device? Did you tried to log in to another account while you are launching? Or you have some restrictions that you have set up in you’re account?