Roblox Player won't launch after I click "Play" on an experience

I click “Play” on an experience, it comes up with the “Roblox is now loading, get ready!” screen, and then after a few seconds it goes straight to this screen without any indication of the application opening what-so-ever.

I have tried reinstalling the Roblox Player and restarting my PC to no avail. I’m completely clueless on what to do but it’s not working on every experience I try to open.

I am still able to load Roblox’s Windows App and Roblox Studio.

System Information:

Windows 11 x64
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13900K, 3000Mhz, 24 Core(s)

Expected behavior

I expect the Roblox Player to load when I click “Play”

A private message is associated with this bug report

35 Likes

This actually fixed it for me, thanks so much.

5 Likes

I have been experiencing the same issue with version-faaebc838e2e45f6 (Since 25/10/2023)

Studio is working

It’s stuck on this segment for a long time

PC specs

GPU: RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 32 GB 3733 MHz

Windows 11 Pro

Possible Fix:

for any having the issue here’s a fix which worked for me

• Select “Windows 7 for the compability mode”
  • “Run this program as an admin”
  • Run: RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe
  • Run: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe
6 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my Roblox client

2 Likes

I keep getting this as well and I don’t know why.

2 Likes

What exact steps did you follow to fix this? The response you replied to appears to be private.

2 Likes

Are you using bit defender anti virus?

1 Like

I can confirm that this is happening to me too. I tried to launch roblox and it was stuck updating.

1 Like

I also experienced this yesterday, I believe it was from the update.
It said updating roblox then just closed and then wouldnt open anymore.

1 Like

For some reason it works for me now.

1 Like

Same issue. Roblox apparently “fixed” the crashing issue for launching Roblox, however it doesn’t work on the browser. A way to mitigate this is to launch the games from the Roblox desktop app.

1 Like

Ditto, as of yesterday, 10/25, I cannot launch Roblox whatsoever. I have exhausted all other supposed methods to fix. Unfortunately, this one didn’t work for me either.

1 Like

Please do tell what the provided solution was. I can’t seem to find anything else that will resolve this.

1 Like

if you have that issue, and you are on Windows 11 Insider Preview, this is likely the reason

2 Likes

I didn’t know this is a bug and not a problem for me.

1 Like

Mine’s not and I’m still having an issue

2 Likes

you are probably having a Hyperion issue

2 Likes

Ahhh… Guess I have to wait for the fix then.

2 Likes

Hello demofocus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Would you mind letting us know if the issue was indeed Bitdefender? If so, we are aware of an issue with it and have a fix in the pipeline. Roblox not launching, at all - #19 by Bitdancer

3 Likes

Hi, This is not the issue in my case. My Game still crashes despite not having this application. I have re-installed and deleted all related files to Roblox, despite that I still cant open Roblox it crashes instantly. Roblox Studio works perfectly fine

1 Like