Roblox Player won't launch after I click "Play" on an experience

Hello,

I also use Bitdefender, but I tried adding an exception to Roblox although it didn’t fix the issue. For me, the issue started yesterday immediately after the Roblox player updated.

It also still does not work after the fix.

Without crash dumps, it is really hard to diagnose the issue. The whole Bitdefender incompatibility issue was worked out by the community, and without folks here on the forum, we wouldn’t even have known, as it is impossible to have all possible configurations in-house for testing. Thank you all for your help and dedication.

Having said that, for the next release, we have currently merged fixes for all the issues mentioned in my post here, and we hope this solves the majority of the incompatibilities discussed in this topic.

2 Likes

Should I private message you the log file?

Ideally, I would like to have a crash dump. If you have one, please feel free to upload it to Google Drive (crash dumps can be huge) and send me the link in a DM. If you don’t have any place to store the crash dump, please let me know in a DM, and I will provide a location.

If you don’t have a crash dump and only have logs, feel free to DM them to me. Unfortunately, log files are hit and miss. Sometimes we can figure out the root cause, but more often than not, we can’t.

Experiencing the same thing, and have been for a little over a week. It only happens on my Window devices, not my Macbook.

If you don’t have a crash dump, you can try to capture one using ProcDump, as described in Strategy Four here.

Yes, I managed to fix the issue by disabling advanced threat defense.

1 Like

I would like to confirm that the solution provided by poopman has resolved the issue for me.

This is the issue I’m experiencing. I do not get any crash dump files. It’s been over 2 days since I have not been able to access Roblox because of this.

4 Likes

Yep, same issue for me. Have not been able to play for the past 2 days. I have tried the Hyperion related solutions to no avail. Stopped every service and application which did not change it. I do not have Bitdefender installed.

2 Likes

Same thing exactly, tried everything.

2 Likes

It’s been 3 days and this issue hasn’t been fixed yet. All I did is to revert from Windows 11 to Windows 10 to fix the issue

I have the same issue. However I do not have bitdefender. And I do not have any processes that could potentially break anything. Roblox still runs as a background process when I launch, but cannot see the application or do anything. All I can really do now is play on the UWP version.

UWP version still works. You can play Roblox through there temporarily while they fix the issue.

My best bet is to wait until Roblox fixes this issue and use UWP while they are. I’ve been having the same issue for days now but windows app still allows me to play

1 Like

Having the same issues (Roblox instantly crashes without any log or dump)
UWP and Studio experience the same issues
Lets hope they fix the issue…

Edit: I’ve closed every single app process (background process and services included), removed every chrome extension & cleared cookies and tmp files to no avail. The issue is definitely on Roblox’s side as I can not see what could possibly be triggering a hyperion detection (assuming that is what it is)

Problem persists with an “updated” (2010) xinput DLL, FFlags are default/never been changed and Bitdefender has never been downloaded.

I have a similar problem too. I have found the Microsoft store Roblox app works for me, you could try that if you haven’t already.

However, I do get log files and they say error 401

this is happening to me aswell idk why

EDIT: fixed it by turning off windows defender and running installer as admin