Roblox Player won't launch after I click "Play" on an experience

I have the same issue. However I do not have bitdefender. And I do not have any processes that could potentially break anything. Roblox still runs as a background process when I launch, but cannot see the application or do anything. All I can really do now is play on the UWP version.

UWP version still works. You can play Roblox through there temporarily while they fix the issue.

My best bet is to wait until Roblox fixes this issue and use UWP while they are. I’ve been having the same issue for days now but windows app still allows me to play

1 Like

Having the same issues (Roblox instantly crashes without any log or dump)
UWP and Studio experience the same issues
Lets hope they fix the issue…

Edit: I’ve closed every single app process (background process and services included), removed every chrome extension & cleared cookies and tmp files to no avail. The issue is definitely on Roblox’s side as I can not see what could possibly be triggering a hyperion detection (assuming that is what it is)

Problem persists with an “updated” (2010) xinput DLL, FFlags are default/never been changed and Bitdefender has never been downloaded.

I have a similar problem too. I have found the Microsoft store Roblox app works for me, you could try that if you haven’t already.

However, I do get log files and they say error 401

this is happening to me aswell idk why

EDIT: fixed it by turning off windows defender and running installer as admin

This did not fix my issue. The issue still exists.

1 Like

It wont just not let you load Roblox. It would usually let you in then alt f4 you moments later.

That is the issue I’m having; however, it only happens when I have my G29 Steering Wheel plugged in which is odd

9 Likes

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH I HAD A G29 STEERING WHEEL ALSO CONNECTED!!!

This fixed my issue

3 Likes

well i had a Hyperion issue due to Windows 11 Insider Preview not being supported, it was opening the launcher, and then thats all, only the launcher, nothing else, nothing in task manager related to Roblox at all

if theres someone having the Windows 11 Insider Preview issue with Hyperion, theres a little workaround, if you use bloxstrap, on the desktop, right click properties on “Play Roblox” (it has bloxstrap logo), then go to compatiblity then copy these settings

it seems to work for me, on the website, it must first start bloxstrap, THEN roblox, if it starts Roblox first, go to the desktop and launch “Play Roblox” and then it will launch bloxstrap first once you use the website

This happens to me when I launch roblox The microsoft version works fine but the web client dont

1 Like

I was having the same issue a couple of days ago, it was almost like the entire Roblox installation was corrupt.

PC specs:
OS: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.2506 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X
GPU: AMD R9 270X

This is how I fixed it:

1. Uninstalling Roblox wouldn’t work for me

2. Go to this directory: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local and delete the entire Roblox folder

2.5. I recommend deleting all the shortcuts to Roblox but I’m not sure if this is necessary.

3. Restart your computer

4. Download the installer from Roblox

5. Run the installer which only somewhat worked for me, it stopped about 3/4 of the way through and closed without any error.

6. Go to this directory again: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions and open the most recent version of Roblox, there should be only one.

7. Inside this folder run the file RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe when this is running it should say installing or updating.

8. It should now be able to complete the installation and Roblox should function as normal.

Not sure if this will work for other but maybe it will come in useful.

1 Like

Yh my Roblox installation was corrupted I reinstalled Roblox and its back to normal thank you

1 Like

This didn’t work for me. Roblox player seems to just crash.

1 Like

The issue happened to me again and I found an easier way of fixing this rather than reinstalling Roblox.

1. Go to this directory: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions and open the most folder with the most recent version.

2. Inside there will be 3 different executables:

3. The default one that Roblox opens is RobloxPlayerBeta however when I launched a game using this is comes halfway through updating and then crashes without any error.

4. If you run the RobloxPlayerLauncher it will update successfully and then you will be able to play any game and it will successfully run.

Disabled bitdefender av and advanced and also tried reinstalling it using the way you said, and no it still crashes but almost all of the time it stays in the background with no way to give input.