Roblox Premium is here!

When does your subscription end? For me, it upgraded me to Premium when I went to renew my OBC.

1 Like

Now when ROBLOX says you’ll get “10% more robux”, Premium was intended to have less robux buyable than with BC. You did some math with this so I wanted to ask if this change was positive, compared with the influx of membership robux flux?

Here’s some information about it here:

EDIT:

Corrected buyable from buyabe.

January 2020. Hopefully I don’t have to wait that long as coefficients said they expect everyone to have the same experience in a few days.

2 Likes

Well that’s certainly interesting. My OBC was set to expire on the 8th January 2020 too, yet I’ve had my OBC converted to Premium quite a while ago…

Based on that fact, I don’t believe that date of subscription renewal determines whether or not you will have your subscription converted to Premium.

So hopefully you will not have to wait that long.

2 Likes

When does it rollout globally? I currently don’t have access to premium, when will I?

2 Likes

Yeah, the group limits seriously shouldn’t be there. Developers rely on the players and supporters of their game to keep it going strong and limiting how many communities you can participate in on Roblox is kinda strange and very restricting. It would just be better altogether to remove that group limit or make the limit a lot higher for those players that just want to enjoy the game and not have to pay to be involved with other groups.

6 Likes

Awesome! I have been waiting for premium to arrive for a while and its nice that you can DevEX with any premium level.

1 Like

Will we still get an item for joining premium like BC has Hard Hats and other items.

6 Likes

Because of premium players will spend all their robux on a different game before they can spend it on my game since they received the whole amount for a month. With Builders Club players could save up robux and spend robux on gamepasses and etc. in many different games. Now they can just spend it on one game and they would have to wait a month to receive their robux allowance again. So from my perspective as a game developer this bothers me a lot and also affects my games’ revenue.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure. But it can be positive. If your game is interesting and good enough, it leads to an increase in sales… so premium ensures that the best games get the most money for ads, etc. It creates a more competitive and better ROBLOX market.

You’re also underestimating the ROBLOX population. They know how to spend their money… they aren’t as impulsive as you make them out to be.

2 Likes

The group limit is there so people have a reason to buy premium. Believe it or not, premium ends up being good for ROBLOX corporation itself, and they want people to buy it.

Although I do agree the group limit can be annoying at times.

2 Likes

The BC skateboard / hat were nice, but I think those are a small price to pay for premium… it’s got some pretty amazing features.

Also… why would you want to downgrade your tier…?

1 Like

I will miss BC, but I can understand Roblox’s shift toward a full game creation engine rather than the world building game it once was. There are some changes that I am happy about, such as 100 groups for all tiers of premium.

I have some questions, such as “What will happen to Enum.MembershipType.BuildersClub?” and “Will there be Premium-only groups or games?”

2 Likes

A majority of people playing ROBLOX are kids, and you’re saying that they know how to spend their money? Well, yeah sure, a lot of them do but just look at it like this:

Kids are likely to spend more money in a less amount of time compared to a teenager/young adult. Kids will run out of money easier than a teenager/young adult. That’s why it’s better if the users have a CHOICE to if they want it in a lump sum or a daily reward. That is the better direction they can probably go. Yet again, ROBLOX will want to have it be a lump sum so that players will be more likely to buy robux. So, from a business standpoint a lump sum is a good idea but from a player standpoint it isn’t.

Also, it doesn’t create a more competitive market. What you’re saying is that it’s better we keep the popular games on top and not open new games to the opportunities the top games have. Top games will be more likely to get Sponsored Game impressions and more ads compared to new games that don’t have much to any investment at all. With that logic, we’re creating a divide that definitely gets rid of the point to try and make a successful game, even if it’s a great game or not. That is not a great mindset to have and I personally disagree.

5 Likes

Popular games will stay on top regardless, this change is very small and won’t promote games like Adopt Me’s success any more than already…

I understand that kids are likely to spend money more quickly compared to teenagers, however, the idea of savings within ROBLOX was just de-incentivizing the BC program in the first place. Teenagers are also a huge part of the ROBLOX community and more likely to take advantage of the premium program.

That being said, everyone has a different interest on ROBLOX. If they want to spend all of their money on one game, they can. Whether that game is played widely or has 5 visits a day, it’s up to developers to take advantage of the free market, and can’t be mad if their game doesn’t do well. It isn’t up to ROBLOX to publicize your game for you, not every game will do good. The best games with creators that know how to advertise and market their products will make it to the top, whether we use the BC or premium.

2 Likes

Ok, but you don’t seem to get my point that what you’re advocating for will create more of a divide than ever. You’re forgetting that developers can oversaturate the market. If you don’t remember, in the older days of ROBLOX there were users who spammed ads to make sure that their ads took up at least 70% of the market. This is not only an greedy tactic into getting plays on your game, but is also an unfair one that ROBLOX did little to nothing about during that time. The only one I can think of that ROBLOX did something about was Peaspod, and his spamming of the ads weren’t even that bad compared to what other users did. What you’re wanting will allow developers to do this without any repercussions because it’s still “free market” even though it really won’t be. Now, we need to also think about ROBLOX taking action on users doing this, and is a definite need.

Also, I’m not saying they can’t spend their robux how they want, don’t get me wrong on that. I’m just saying that users should have the choice if they want a lump sum or not, not considering the ages of users on the site. What this does is also benefit children AND the rest of the community. This gives the player a choice, which also helps users have more say in the robux they earn without making a game or being a member of UGC or being a trader or whatever. They’re paying for this, a daily reward was some of the appeal to Builder’s Club.

4 Likes

So, as stated they’re “rolling it out” Are you rolling it out by state/country or just a select of random users?

1 Like

It’s already released in the UK and a few different places but I’m not completely sure exactly where. If I had to guess, it will be by country/time-zone/region of the world. That seems like the most logical thing considering what’s been going on.

3 Likes

Will we still get additional exclusive items added into our inventories soon whenever we purchase any of the three tiers, like how Builders Club was originally?

1 Like

I disagree. When I bought OBC, part of what went into the decision was the fact that I had the only product with the ability to be in 100 groups and have 100 published places. There was no messaging to users that would indicate this would change.

Digital assets can’t be compared to physical assets like at Walmart. Anyone on any game would be upset if they paid extra for a set of features (especially for a year or lifetime) that then became offered for a lower price in a different tier of membership, essentially resulting in no differentiation at all between OBC and the other BCs besides robux amount.

We paid for access to features that were marketed as exclusive.

13 Likes