Roblox Premium is here!

No, Roblox Premium is a monthly subscription.

Oh thanks for answering, is there a plan to change this thanks ok

Not that I know of, hopefully so as I personally prefer to pay yearly.

Yes, I would also like that. I’m surprised by the lack of communication on Roblox’s part, they must be keeping silent on it for a reason right?

2 Likes

Whenever something is kept silent, there is always going to be a reason to it.

@EnDarke @TunesSon
I am going to clear a little bit of the misconceptions and confusion around the DevEx rates changing. This DevEx change isn’t intended behaviour and it has nothing to do with Premium being released. This is just a web bug that makes the DevEx rates not show properly.

No no no no I mean like I don’t need to pay for OBC anymore and instead I can get the same price as BC Premium for a devex. What’s the bug though?

1 Like

Very cool kanye, but can we get lifetime obc back? :thinking:

ight but for real , I like the rebranding of bc to premium, but I don’t like that you must make recurring payments each month. I’d much rather pay for a full year / lifetime up front and not have to worry about overdrafts and bank stuff. I get that roblox needs to get money via subscriptions like everyone else on the planet seems to be moving to, but I’d really like to keep the long-term discounted options since it’s necessary for a developer like me to always have premium (because of marketplace fees, dev ex, etc.).

I was about a week away from clicking the 1 year obc button when this was released so I was a little salty when I didn’t find it when I came back

5 Likes

100% support. Lifetime was removed as it was unprofitable, but there doesn’t seem to be a reason why you can’t buy a year upfront of Premium (which would be appreciated)

3 Likes

I think in the past, it was about 1800 a month with OBC (60 robux a day, by 30 days), and now its more robux per month, by about 400, at 2200 per month - so maybe that helps in your calculation on the inflation.

I think premium is a very good upgrade to ROBLOX because it fits with the new silver/white and black theme and that developers don’t have to buy OBC to DevEx. One thing is, how would users react to this? Would they like it or not? Well, my siblings that play ROBLOX have mixed feelings, feeling good about getting their robux all upfront, and not liking the fact that there is only a monthly option, which I would get, because of the upfront robux thing.

Premium as a concept is awesome. Premium is awesome.
The payment methods as of right now however, are bad. I want to purchase 12 months worth of premium but I am unable to, because I need to pay 1 month and renew, which ends up being more expensive in the long run. And both parties end up worse from it, since the buyer loses more money, and Roblox loses a potential customer.

4 Likes

Correct, I calculated more of the inflation numbers here

I thought it was only supposed to be a few days for everyone to migrate to Premium. Is anyone else still stuck on BC or is it just me?

Also I see this error in the console on every device on every page of Roblox when logged into my account:

I feel weird every time I enter a server and I’m the only one with the BC icon.

The migration should automatically happen at the end of your billing period.

I believe anyone who hasn’t caught up will be migrated to Premium once it’s been available worldwide for a few weeks. Rest assured, you’ll soon be rocking that Premium badge :wink:

This is probably because Premium isn’t enabled on your account. Especially since the URL seems to be about premium migrations.

2 Likes

Thank you - you triggered an idea to cancel my renewal. After cancelling my auto renewal (which was set for 6th January 2020) it immediately brought up the migration popup and did the migration.

As you suggested, it probably would sweep up when it’s out everywhere for a while, or when it eventually came to renew in January. I needed it sooner than that which is why I asked.

For anyone else stuck on BC: cancel your renewal if it’s in the distant future and it’ll migrate!

Side note: I also managed to get 3 extra days by doing this - my premium now expires on the 9th January.

3 Likes

My Premium 2200, or previous OBC membership, is expiring soon. I would like to upgrade now, but the selections are locked, forcing me to wait until my membership expires in its entirety.

When my membership does expire, will I lose my badges, gamepasses, and groups? Or, has that been changed? I obviously don’t want to lose my goods.

Edit: I am downgrading to the base Premium.

2 Likes

Doesn’t it renew itself automatically? Check in your settings.

I purchased premium on mobile and it automatically renews for me. Maybe you should purchase premium on mobile.

Can you please clarify,
upgrade to what?

If you meant downgrade, you’ll need to cancel your plan and let it expire first.
You won’t lose anything you own, but for that small gap you’ll only get 10% of revenue from gamepasses under your account.

Groups and badges will not disappear if your membership expires.