Roblox Premium is here!

“Outrageous Builder’s Club” was a requirement to DevEx.

As stated at RDC in the CEO Keynote, Roblox wants there to be a more 50/50 split between 13+/- players, they clearly want to appeal to players of all ages and you can’t loose with “Premium”

3 Likes

I’m not talking about the benefits of Premium, I even said they were good in my original post. I’ve been talking about the aesthetics and name itself.

Finally, one thing that i thought it’s very good it’s the payment once a month, therewithal that the lifetime BC/TBC/OBC continues but now as Premium that’s really really good. :+1:

I really like the fact that you only get extra robux by paying extra. The extra group slots and the ability to devex without having to have OBC is something I really adore. Really opens up opportunities for a lot of developers. While I don’t prefer monthly robux, I do see the benefits in it and am excited to see how it will work out in the future.

Are you going to remove these?

3 Likes

They will be removed in due course. I believe that they haven’t set up badges to change based on A/B tests.

Ah, Premium has officially hit the market in America. I think that it is a great way for Developers to DevEx and make more from their projects for a smaller price.

1 Like

Finally, Premium has much better features and is cheaper than builders club. Allowing newer developers to create studios and use dev-ex easier. Great change, I hope more premium features are to come soon.

I have been waiting a long time for it to come to north america.

3 Likes

Thank you! This is a great change to Roblox. The name of Builders Club was very confusing for alot of people. Roblox will have a profit of this too, because more people are gonna buy it because of the name!

Big question

The premium, is given every day 450? Because I dont get it.

You will get 450 robux on the day you purchase premium (assuming you purchased Premium 450 robux) You will not get 450 robux everyday. Only on the day you purchase premium.

1 Like

You get all the 450 robux on the day you bought premium.
So if you bought premium today, you would get all your 450 robux today and then the next time you would get your robux is after a month( assuming you are renewing it every month)

It’s on the anniversary of your subscription.

E.g.:

• Starts subscription on the first. They are given the robux
  • First comes back again, they renew. They are given the robux.
  • First comes back, they don’t renew. They are not given the robux.
1 Like

So I need buy the premium every month?

No. You can buy it for a month and then get the benefits of premium for a month.

Hello!I agree with you. In addition, it seems more democratic to me, just use a single designation (name) and not by categories BC TBC, OBC, Greater equality and the same possibilities of being involved in social groups. I am celebrating this roblox initiative!

2 Likes

Hello! I hope they eliminate it and it is a unique membership with the same name (they will surely have those categories according to the purchase of robux). I welcome that there is EQUALITY to join more groups of this platform. I was always BC. and since I am from Argentina (my country has a dollar increase every day) it is difficult for me to acquire OBC so happy to be able to at least join more groups that have a good day!

2 Likes

Roblox is for all ages. People make money off of this platform. Developers are the core of what makes Roblox special, so catering to them makes the overall experience better for everyone. Roblox is a business.

As for the name, there is nothing “professional” or “kiddy” about the Premium name, it just gets straight to the point of telling you that you will get more features with it. My friends thought that you needed Builders Club to make games, so that proves that the previous name did not always give off the right purpose of the subscription.

The aesthetic of Roblox revolves around anything you can imagine, and that is universal. Being less stylized and putting more focus on the community has proved successful for the platform. Roblox is not a game. It is so much more.

9 Likes

Wonderful that premium has come, one solution for membership, love the idea where you get an instant payment of the month, instead of waiting a month since this is easy for new users to get their items.
But there are some feature’s that should be implanted, just my thoughts.

Add renewals for premium.

Three months of premium.

Six months of premium,

Since it does get expensive each month you buy.
the $4.99 x12 will get around 59.88 a year, which is really good.
the $9.99 x12 will get around 119.88 a year
and the 19.99 x12 will cost you 239.99 a year.
Since they do have the same perk’s accept the currency givin per month.
Premium should be cheaper if you want longer term’s with premium.

Also six months worth of the 19.99 premium, will be the same cost as 9.99 for a year!

Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

This is awesome! I’m sure the devex feature is going to help a lot of smaller developers, and the 100 group feature is a really good feature for payouts aswell. Nice job Roblox Team!