Roblox Premium is here!

is there any reason that I can only buy the first tier premium on the android version of roblox using google play? Am I mising something?

1 Like

R_Oven, your current BC will be moved to Premium, and will change to monthly renewal. Youā€™ll understand it better when it comes for your country.

I currently have a bit over four dollars on my account because I used a $10 gift card once for a month of BC, which costs $5.99. (and I had some cents left from other purchases) Itā€™s not quite enough to buy 4.99 Premium, so I have a few dollars that will never be used. Are there plans to allow using multiple payment methods, so I could use the credit and pay the remainder with a method outside of gift cards?

3 Likes

Honestly, I believe that Premium is a way better version of Builders Club, itā€™s cheaper, which may attract a few more, itā€™s also more worth it than buying robux since for the same price you get the ROBUX you wanted + THE MEMBERSHIP PERKS. I believe this is a huge change, and although some people are seeing itā€™s bad, I think they just need to get used to it because theyā€™re used to the classic membership. I prefer the month allowance than the daily robux since I can get the robux that I wanted immediately instead of needing to wait a month.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct, I believe it is because of the robux allowance, since itā€™s only once per month, Iā€™d guess they want your membership to expire first to prevent any bugs from users switching tiers.

So, with Premium rolling out to more users (Like Me), will the builders club badges be retired? Also, will there be a ā€œWelcome To Roblox Premiumā€ Badge replacing those badges? Otherwise, Iā€™m neutral with this change.

2 Likes

Iā€™d really also want to see yearly plans. However Iā€™m a bit afraid that we wont be able to purchase a Membership without a credit card instead of a ROBLOX Gift Card.

3 Likes

Fromy my perspective as a Developer, this is an amazing change, able to DevEx at any Premium tier.

Though I personally donā€™t like to pay monthly for my stuff, I would rather pay for 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months of membership time compared to 1 month. Are there any plans of adding these options back?

Secondly, I donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea to give a lump sum of robux from a user perspective, from a dev perspective I think itā€™s perfect as I donā€™t have to worry about trying to keep a track of how much nondevexable Robux Iā€™ve gotten through my membership this month.

Going back to the user perspective though, I could see a lot of users spending their 450/1000/2200 Robux in one day easily; compared to with a daily ammount, where in my opinion, it encourages users to save their Robux.

Thirdly, I think there should be some sort of bonus gear for getting Premium. The extra gear with BC/TBC/OBC along with the daily robux made me remember that I had an active membership on the site.

From a developer point of view I love this update to memberships.
From a user point of view some of the changes done during this I donā€™t like, for example no bonus gear.
Overall, some pretty interesting decisions made by Roblox in changing the memberships. In my opinion I think this change was geared more towards Developers than anyone else. Looking forward to possible future updates to this new membership, and any other future updates to come!

10 Likes

Just in case anyone was wondering what the premium notification looks like:

If you have BC and havenā€™t gotten a notification like this, then Premium probably hasnā€™t been rolled out to you.

(Also, since I got this, Premium has been at least partially released in the U.S.)

Iā€™m really only interested in a few insignificant questions here:

1. What is going to happen to Builderā€™s Club badges?
  2. Will players still receive the Builderā€™s Club Hard Hats?
  3. What has/will happen to Builderā€™s Club exclusive items?
2 Likes

I saw that a few days before my OBC expired and I recently re-purchased premium (tier 1) and it reverted itself back to regular builders club.

1 Like

It would be nice if premium members earned robux every week instead of 1 month.

6 Likes
  1. When you get moved to Premium, you keep the BC badge you had before, altho it will probably be removed at some point. If you didnā€™t have BC before premium, but you had a membership at some point, you will still keep the ā€œWelcome To The Clubā€ Badge. As in-game, from now on only the premium badge will display in the player list.

2. Sadly, the hard hats are no longer obtainable, since Builders Club is gone.

3. The ones in the catalog are now available to the public from what Iā€™ve seen (All the hats that Iā€™ve seen that required BC, are on-sale for everyone now) The hats that OBC gives are no longer obtainable, which was the only reason for me to buy OBC before Premium was released.

2 Likes

The fact that you can join 100 groups and create 100 groups on all the levels is perfect

3 Likes

Are the sale taxes still the same or is it the same percentage for every tier?

Hello, this post is from customers (players) perspective.

I was scrolling through the posts and it seems that most people only care about the developer side.

Even the original post states that.
ā€œThese changes benefit our developers!ā€

Question is does this benefit playerbase?
(Collected most data in my group, we had several discussions about the premium)

PROS
*Members get more robuxs (better rates)
*Premium members can join up to 100 groups.
*Equality between membership levels

CONS
*Robuxs monthly payment.
Players often wait for sales to buy something. Now you have to wait for a month to get 15 robuxs you needed. I donā€™t really understand why it was changed. I feel like it just pushes players to buy robuxs when they are bit short. It could be good marketing strategy, just customers wouldnā€™t appreciate it.
*No difference between premiums.
It seems like we all only have one membership option - premium. Honestly at the moment smartest decision for developers and also players is to get cheapest possible package. There isnā€™t much difference between them. You get bit more robuxs when you pay more but quite frankly not many people (whom I have discussed it with) find it worth the money.
*Addition to above^ :
I like to think that those decisions were made to make the whole system more simple. Since you respect your customers who have bought lifetime options you just added three payment options. If so then I respect your decision and support it. (At least when it comes to difference between the three options)
*Membership length - Quite often membership was gifted to players by their parents or friends. It was perfect gift to players. Just get them builders club for next 6 months (for example). You did one payout and you could have cancelled the service without worrying about it taking additional money. Now you canā€™t really gift it like that, only option is to pay monthly for it.

Developer Exchange program isnā€™t relative to players who use the site to play games.

Suggestions

*More content to premium (my random thoughts):

1. Monthly exclusive item to premium members (hat, face, package, emote etc.)
    Same goes to loyality of any players you have. On other games you quite often get rewarded when you have been playing the game for a year. They show their players how they appreciate them being part of their game. So it would be great if Roblox would make system where you get exclusive item for every year you have used the platform.
    For example,
    When you have played Roblox for a year then you get certain exclusive item, after two years you get another one and so on.

2. Weekly or Monthly premium events, like tasks you could complete to get additional robuxs.
    For example,
    You get three missions on your profile page every month. (Only for premium) When you complete the mission then you get for example 20 robuxs which would make it 60 additional robuxs total in a month. It isnā€™t too much but it could give player chance to buy something they need when they are just 15 robuxs short.
    What kind of missions?
    It could be anything really.
    1 Mission on your profile page, make 3 new items, change your outfit, buy item from the catalog etc.
    2 Mission in the developer studio, make 3 models, build a certain place following this tutorial, upload decal etc.
    3 Mission in the game, basically roblox events.

3. Premium could be connected to developer games. For example when you are player who plays Bloxburg and loves the game. Then there could be a month where premium members get 50 k bloxburg money for free. Something like that. I think it would connect developers, players and whole roblox community.

• ONCE IN A LIFETIME

I am one of the proud members who have bought OBC for lifetime. I really do appreciate you guys not canceling Builders Club completely, just changing it to Premium. I was bit concerned quite frankly. You guys changed it to premium on my birthday so it was quite perfect. Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Sorry for my Broken English. It isnā€™t my first language.
Thank you very much for reading and have a nice day!

I really appreciate everything, this is just my and my members take on the subject. Feel free to reply and I try to answer to the Questions! :heart:

11 Likes

In my opinion I feel like the name ā€œBuilders Clubā€ suited Roblox far more than ā€œPremium.ā€ The name ā€œRoblox Premiumā€ seems like itā€™d fit better in some sort of business website subscription, as it sounds way too professional. I do really like the new Dev Ex changes, however the general aesthetics of Roblox premium are quite strange in my opinion. Why does the logo look so odd and different from the other leaderboard logos such as the owner badge? The Builders Club logos fit a lot more into the current UI theme, and itā€™d probably be a lot better if the leaderboard logo for Premium was similar to the ones BC had.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the point. Roblox wants to seem more professional as to stray away from the idea that itā€™s a kids gameā€” things like changes to DevEx also reflect that.

2 Likes

I get the reasoning behind the change, but again, like all other things that were done because ā€œplayers were confusedā€, you couldā€™ve just explained to players what things were. I.e. on the Builders Club upgrade page, you couldā€™ve said ā€œNot required to build games!ā€

Like, I get the reason. Itā€™s a legitimate one, but thereā€™s other ways to handle player confusion.

And over time, the reason to upgrade has gotten smaller and smaller, almost to the point of any kind of membership not being needed for anything. Iā€™d be very upset as a player who spent and upwards of $350 on LifeTime OBC only for itā€™s benefits to be ripped out from under me.

2 Likes

Roblox is a game where you can adopt virtual children or play as a fairy princess. Considering 60% of the player base are children, why are they trying to make stuff like this more sleek and professional?

I know there are devs and all, but we donā€™t make up very much of the community.

1 Like