Roblox Premium is here!

The drastic idea of 100 groups per level really can be meaningless, I can’t think of anything that anyone would want to be in so many groups for, to the exception of the last of the existing Clans & Guilds Roblox Forum community… Premium is kind of ahead of the future for ROBLOX because everyone has become really disconnected since the Forums closed. There’s no official place to communicate with people about our own groups anymore, so I don’t see the 100 group perks being an advantage for most of the active roblox community.

2 Likes

Hello! I have posted here earlier this week. I still have questions… Anyways

My last question is that I have bought about 130 $ in ROBLOX Giftcards to renew my OBC for next year. However it says that I can renew monthly. Can I renew it via roblox giftcards or I have to renew it with a credit card?

1 Like

I have a few questions about this.

It says we cannot change our membership level mid-cycle and that we have to wait until our membership is set to expire to upgrade or downgrade. Are we only allowed to upgrade/downgrade after our membership has expired or a few days before it expires? I sell clothing and all my items will go offsale if I renew my premium after it has expired. This post seems a bit vague about this issue.

And It seems the yearly renewal option isn’t available. Is it going to be added back in the future? Having to renew it every month is too much trouble.

1 Like

As a 10 year veteran of the platform, I don’t see this as a particularly effective membership compared to Builder’s Club.

The monthly stipend really limits individuals who were used to saving their Robux for a certain purchase, as now I have to either renew my membership every time I want to get Robux from the membership, or splurge my money into the Robux purchases in order to buy something over 500.

I don’t believe this is a beneficial change, but it did say that more perks were to come, so I’m awaiting for those changes before I make an official opinion.

For right now, I don’t believe this is the move for me.

4 Likes

Since the Co-Owner of ROBLOX died, a lot of people say ROBLOX has been moving away from the community and its block themed game, where anyone could build, anyone could create, anyone could learn. Premium is onestep further in this process, with the lower robux rates, mentioned here as part of Premium Introduction to ROBLOX via local files.

Premium has been discussed about hurting Small Developers here, which is apart of a whole topic that Developers have been completely disabled in the continuous removal of Roblox Features, and can’t get out there unless they buy thousands of Robux, or bot the site.

The robux needed to advertise for a developer’s game is hurt by Premium’s changes. Advertisements cost thousands of robux, yet even the game’s page custom ads were removed, and now players will already be where they want, not even bothering to click the ad. Many Developers I’ve talked to and read from say they feel depressed that they can’t get their games over, and that they don’t want to Dev on ROBLOX now. And on behalf, speaking only from me, I’d like to tie this into the following.

@coefficient, friend, it would really be appreciated if we could have some clarity on this if another post about Roblox Premium is made. Can you tell us why Premium introduced new Robux rates? Thanks :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve already cancelled my renewal. I loved the ability to buy yearly OBC because it allowed me to save nearly an extra $100 that I would’ve spent on a monthly membership. Once my current membership expires, I will then be moving to the Premium 450 option. At first, I was excited, but now I am truly disappointed.

8 Likes

Well let’s hope we get some way of compensation, renewed in August but seems I just got enrolled into Premium and it tells me I have to renew again in October, where has the money gone I spent for the next couple of months?

Got the same message, once you close out of the notice menu it should add Robux to your account.

Well yea, but that’s just the Robux for this month, not the coming few months.

With premium, the membership stipend is given at the beginning of each month :sob:

1 Like

Honestly, roblox could have just changed the name from builders club to premium instead of changing everything like this:

It’s basically a money sucker. People have already mentioned the rates going down but I’m bringing it back up again. You use to get 1000 robux with the 10 dollars, now only 880? That takes away around 2 dollars if rounding 1 dollar per 100 robux. You used to get a benefit when buying robux with builders club. Premium shortened that benefit a lot. It’s going to be my birthday soon and I was going to buy a robux package, but now I’m considering not renewing or buying anything anymore. This has made a huge impact over the world and most would like the old rates back. I believe we were doing perfectly fine before this premium. Also a quick question. Are you able to make hats or things on the catalog with premium? I see a community creations section and heard it was only for roblox staff but if you get premium or something, you can create your own hats and hairs? Not sure how true this is.

5 Likes

True, but I believe they shouldn’t have jacked things up the way they did. I see this benefiting developers and roblox (money wise) but what about the people that play and not create? It’s not really fair towards them at all.

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand why this constraint exists for anybody in general. Maybe it would make sense so you can only create 100 groups, but I don’t understand why you can’t join more than 100 groups.

1 Like

I can’t seem to change my subscription plan from the 20$ to the 5$
the options are not clickable :confused:

4 Likes

I believe you have to wait until the subscription expires, then you can change it. I’m not really sure though if I am correct.

2 Likes

Definitely need a way to change our membership before it renews, as allowing it to expire is not an option for any account with active games / item sales.

Otherwise very excited to see the fees to developers reduced!

19 Likes

Make sure you guys cancel auto renewal if you’re planning on letting it expire and then downgrading.

ok… how? there’s no button for it

EDIT: also, i had some money in gift card credit still. what happens to that?

1 Like

There is.
you can cancel auto renewal here

Also you can check your credit balance here

4 Likes

So, we have to buy Builders Club before the premium get release? or after the premium get release? or… it doesn’t matter?