Roblox silently loses connection without notice or rejoin option

This keeps happening to me and its really annoying
my ping will just randomly freeze and i have no option to leave
and of course you know that if you are forced to leave out of nowhere it will be annoying.

Yes i do still encounter this

Also recently its been happening a little too much
like 5 times a day if you play roblox for a long time

2 Likes

For me the issue seems to be a bit random at times.
Lately it hasn’t been happening a lot to me but sometimes the silent disconnects become a bit more frequent again.

I feel like it might also have something to do with Roblox servers, regions and how stable the connection is.
My internet should be fine though since I use pretty fast and high quality internet and often am connected with ethernet to get maximum PC to router speed.

1 Like

It has been happening to me for a long while as well (I would say a couple of months)

The f7 screen shows that the recv and ping completly freeze and don’t update (I forgot if sent also freeze)

Ryzen 5 5600G, no dedicated gpu
Using firefox
Playing from Quebec Canada
I feel like it happens more often when there are a lot of data transfers?
Some times, It would happen multiple times a day, other times it doesn’t happen for hours/days

1 Like

I have checked multiple times when that happened and my internet was 100% fine

4 Likes

Unfortunately, yes, we do keep encountering this issue, despite my internet being 100% good.

3 Likes

There is also a post here about other games with this issue. (Started after the 16th)

2 Likes

I have this same issue since late 2022, I have a good rig, good internet, already tried to solve the issue with my internet provider along with long tests, but NO results at all. Sometimes I can play for over 2 hours and no disconnects, sometimes I play for less than 10 minutes and I already get that weird disconnect with no pop-ups.

1 Like

I have had this issue as well for a very long time.

It happens at random, I can not see any factors that causes it to happen or that increases its chances. What has been happening to me is that the client stops receiving data from the server, but it can still send data to the server. Since it is not a “complete disconnection” and technically you are still connected to the server, Roblox will not show the “connection lost” screen.

For example, I can still move, and other people will see me move, but other players’ movement are not replicated to me, they will all be standing still. If I attempt to send a chat message, other players in the server will receive my message, even though I will not see it as sent and will not receive messages from other players.

This seems to happen more often when I am connected to a server located in England.

3 Likes

My friend and I also encountered this issue awhile back. The behavior that the OP describes is very similar to what we experienced. I believe a bug report that I filed weeks ago is related to this issue.

2 Likes

Any update? This is still occurring.

1 Like

Lately the issue has gotten a lot less.

I have optimized my internet connection and now have about as much as 40 ms ping in most Roblox games which is a near-instant response time.

Not sure if the problem is entirely solved but it does happen A LOT less now.
I think chances reduced to it happening somewhat only once in a week or so?

It seems pretty rare now so I suppose internet connection does play a bit of a role.
Switching to ethernet after I moved to a different house definitely improved it.

Though there’s still that very small chance that a disconnect happens without any warning or notice at all.

Usually you get “You lost connection to the game”, but in this case it doesn’t give you that message or give a reconnect option as my original post mentions.

1 Like

Update:

Currently on holiday and staying over at my grandparents for a while.
I took my computer with me and I am now using a wifi connection.

The wifi is decent, but now that I am no longer using ethernet, the silent disconnections have gotten a lot more frequent again lately.

So I suppose internet speed or quality does clearly affect it, but it is still weird that you can get disconnected quietly, without any form of notification and thus the issue is still present and unresolved.

1 Like

I have noticed that as well, I use wifi all the time but I feel like when my internet was more unstable I would quietly lose connection a lot more often (this is just an impression, nothing scientific)

My guess is that there are packets being lost, but they don’t get always resent properly, making the client wait for that packet forever, blocking every other packet since they need to arrive in order

3 Likes

From what I’ve observed, there’s an absence of a mechanism to patiently wait for the connection to stabilize and then reconnect, which seems to be a key factor in these disruptions.

It’s worth noting that many other games utilize such a system, where a brief wait period allows for connection stability before initiating a reconnect. It seems peculiar that Roblox doesn’t incorporate a similar approach.

I believe that Roblox should implement a system that handles minor network changes. A short wait and reconnect period could make a significant difference, allowing players to seamlessly continue their experience without the frustration of sudden disconnections.

6 Likes

Not to mention, the sudden disconnects often toss me out of the game when I’m playing with friends.

This often results in me losing status and points I got in round-based games or leaving friends and people behind in cooperative games that require team work.

Games like that often also don’t let you rejoin until the round is over so losing connection due to a minor networking hiccup is quite frustrating I must say.

2 Likes

Hi, we are having this problem!

2 Likes

bump
Problem still persists within roblox exclusively.
Does not happen with any other game or platform :C

2 Likes

For me, it shows the error message after like 5-20 minutes of this silent disconnection. In the past, I could move around for half an hour without being notified, now with new PC it is faster.

I must clarify that the internet connection affects this thing. We live in a house with strong, thick walls. When I sit in the livingroom - the place where the router is - I don’t get these silent disconnections (maybe I got once but after really long time of playing). If I go to my room, which is second room in L shape (so basically the internet goes through the wall connection of 4 rooms), I get these silent disconnections pretty often. Like … really pretty often. In my own game, there are no more than 10 minutes of playing and I get disconnected. And that is not a shooter or a PvP game; it is pretty peaceful and calm (unless you get driven by a bus, haha).
This silent disconnection happens even if I am alone in the game (no other players), although then it is harder to notice.

I found a game that really struggles Bloxel - Roblox. This game sends A LOT of data to the client (which seems to be from a chunk loading system, similar to minecraft). It often takes less than a minute for the network to completely freeze, and I get kicked about a minute later. If it doesn’t freeze, there are good chances it will freeze later on where I move to another location and it has to load more chunk data

I’m using wifi, with my pc kind of far away from the router (I have a feeling the stability of the connection plays a role in how often this issue happens)

I’m pretty confident it’s related; client → server communication still works (chat messages are still sent when the network freezes) but server → client communication stops completely. The kick message seems to be something that was added recently

3 Likes

Hello, I do not know whether my testimony may help anyone. A few months ago, I had a very bad and unstable connection (ping spikes from 80 to 17k) but I had never experienced this issue before. In december, I got optic fiber installed which resolved all the latency and loading issues as you may guess, but I have started experiencing silent disconnection issues. As a side note, the IP changed, but none of the hardware nor client app were changed. Installing Roblox Player did not fix anything, using a PC with Ethernet cable or a laptop with WiFi 6 did not either.

Recently, for new year, I came to my grandparents’ with the same laptop I have mentioned above and have tried to play Roblox. Shockingly, I have no disconnecting problems, so I have come to the conclusion that this problem may happen to certain people depending on their connection (likelihood of the IP, the speed or the ISP). I had issues installing Roblox Player and Roblox Studio before and I am not able to tell you whether this issue is linked. (link here)

A solution I may attempt soon is that my grandparents’ own a router which is able to host an OpenVPN solution and I may connect to there from house provided that this problem does not happen here. If this solution works, I will post a new message in this thread.

3 Likes