ROBLOX Studio - Freezing up / insane memory usage

Description:
ROBLOX Studio will freeze up with anything that you basically do with the program, you can’t search in the explorer panel, you can’t open a script. It starts to freeze up and go to insane amount of memory around 3GB has been measured here. Sometimes the program also can’t be quit anymore, you have to force quit the program from the Task Manager.

It both happens for me in a Team Create place (Place ID : 286636388) as well as a fresh project with only a baseplate in it. It seems that with a large project file it happens more quickly than with an empty baseplate.

The issue started happening at 02 October around 21:30 (GMT + 1)
It happens on a Windows 10 laptop (MSI GE73VR7RF Raider)

Studio logs have been submitted to the Dump group.

63 Likes

Same here. On a local file I can’t do much at all without it freezing up.

4 Likes

Are you having this issue? I cannot open any place, this is serious. Any time I try to open a place in studio it endlessly loads, here are screenshots:

Staff, if you need logs send me a message. I’d be happy to provide them.

Edit: 10 minutes later it has loaded in, but extremely laggy and constantly freezes and hangs. I cannot get anything done.
8 Likes

I also have this ! No Thumnails are loading in at all.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m busy trying to code and it keeps freezing up. I honestly thought roblox servers couldn’t get worse till now :confused: Dont get me wrong roblox has great servers! It is just the studio servers can act up from time to time

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s also doing it to me.

5 Likes

Same issue plus the permissions page in game settings takes roughly 2-3 seconds to load, usually fails though.

4 Likes

Servers most likely died as adopt me hit 1.3 million today. I don’t understand a multimillion dollar company cant afford better servers.

6 Likes

update this is not restricted to team create, i have tc off and it’s happening to me

2 Likes

My studio is also freezing every 10 seconds, then 6 seconds later it returns to normal

4 Likes

also happening to myself & my teammates. studio is freezing and becoming unresponsive seemingly almost every time I tab out and tab back in

edit: now my teammates cannot edit the games they have edit permissions to. the 3 dots are missing entirely from the top right of the page

12 Likes

Can confirm this is happening for me to. Any time I do something pasting in some parts, copying something, editing a script studio might go unresponsive for period of around 5-20 seconds. This has not happened in the past and is just occurring to me today.

Might also be related but I am getting this error when ever I alt tab from one group owned place to a private baseplate with no packages.

6 Likes

I’ve also been having studio issues (freezing, and being unresponsive) lately whenever I use the building tools (select, move, scale).

I’m not sure if these issues are directly related or not, but they’re both definitely affecting development.

13 Likes

Everyone in my TC has this issue, we can’t join because it crashes after a few seconds spamming those messages. It only seems to happen to places that had packages enabled prior to this happening. Opening a new place w/o or adding packages to a new place doesn’t cause the issue. It’s definitely related to packages. Maybe the package provider API is down due to the adopt me event increasing website traffic a lot?

1 Like

Same here, except I’m having more issues Play Testing. Every time I test play in Studio, the game unexpectedly crashes after playing for ~ 1 minute (occurs about 50% of the time).

1 Like

Yep, I’m also having big problems with Studio. When I attempt to Play Test, it is taking about 2-4 minutes for the game to start! It has also crashed on me a few times the last 15 minutes.

1 Like

Yea this is rather annoying/strange especially when im trying to code. I feel like Roblox have really messed up something kinda big here, hopefully they notice this thread and others similar to this and get a quick response/solution to this.

1 Like

My studio begins to freeze when I am in the script editor, tends to happen completely randomly and to not specific cause.

Are any of y’all enrolled in the Beta Channel/have “Enable New Lua Script Analysis” enabled? I did, and after disabling it, I’m having fewer problems.

3 Likes

Interesting, I do believe I have it turned on, I guess I should try that.