ROBLOX Studio - Freezing up / insane memory usage

Bro I am getting pissed at this. My studio stops responding every single second and eventually it crashes. This is a huge bump in the road because it basically blocks me from editing scripts now and its an annoying thing rn. Its pretty frustrating by the fact that it sorta prevents you from doing anything

1 Like

Same thing here! I can’t seem to get into any of my scripts and test them, nor can I even open studio without it crashing! I wonder why this might be happening.

2 Likes

Every minute or so my studio is not responding for over 15 seconds. I am pretty sure this is a related issue as it has only been happening today.

2 Likes

The most recent update has introduced inexcusable instabilities into Studio that has caused issues not just within the Script Editor but throughout Studio. I know several other developers that have had to reinstall studio or either deal with Studio hanging for a minute or two while they hang on the edge to see if their work would just vanish.

Updates that impact performance like this need to be tested before being put out - hopefully this gets reverted or patched or in some way reduced. Experiencing this becomes a nuisance and a game to see if Studio will crash - and not a fun one at that.

vouch, been happening to me and its super annoying .

1 Like

To all people above, please zip your Studio logs and sent them over to the Studio team :slight_smile: More information about this can be found here

I’m not really having any problem with actually running studio right now - not sure if anyone else can relate? Three studio tabs, all smoothly running.

Does like to soak up my memory though… apparently an empty baseplate (three in the list) takes up near enough the same memory as a more detailed build but can’t tell how normal this is:

My pc is pretty beefy though.

1 Like

Adding onto that, you need to link it, which you did not do. They do not check messages from the group.

1 Like

Studio seems to be freezing up randomly for me as well, but only on freshly opened places for me, it seems to dissapear for me after a some 10 minutes though… It’s still very annoying

1 Like

My studio is also freezing up. It’ll freeze when I try to edit a script, try to move parts in the Workspace, insert new objects, etc.

1 Like

Having the same issue as well, anytime I try to swap between the Move and Scale tools studio freezes up.

Started happening on October 2nd as well, I am using an extremely capable pc and this definitely should not be a pc problem. Haven’t had this issue prior.

2 Likes

I’m working on getting the DMP files uploaded. Hopefully this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Edit: Looks like they are aware:

1 Like

No idea what’s going on but it seems related to this. Studio freezes up terribly after a while to the point where sometimes I can’t even close the window, most of the buttons in the toolbar stay stuck for no reason, I can’t select/drag parts or any model around.

Happens on fresh offline files. Online files aren’t much better, they’re terribly slow to open, like unordinary slow.

I recorded my screen shortly to demonstrate what’s happening:

2 Likes

I’m literally trying my absolute best to script along with my friend on a call and we’re literally having “Roblox Studio (Not Responding)” every single time we type a line quite fast - I honestly am quite annoyed but I guess it’s just what happens

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the issues in Studio. We’ve recently made some updates. Could you all restart Studio and see if things are better now? Please reply to me here if you’re still experiencing issues.

16 Likes

This is still happening to me. This issue needs to be looked at and addressed. It’s heavily impairing development and studio is practically unusable for more than a minute.
As a scripter, there’s no way at the moment to test literally any code I write even outside studio.
What is happening?

Side note:

@Tynezz just replied some minutes ago and it’s displaying 10 hours ago for me. If possible, this could be looked at too.

3 Likes

I can’t save or publish my game. I can’t upload images, meshes, or anything either. Roblox needs to fix everything, I can hardly edit a script without it freezing for a moment within the first 2 minutes.
I have done everything, even reset my modem and switch internet networks.

2 Likes

I haven’t personally encountered this issue, but someone I was just working with (@sevasok) was continuously freezing up and crashing when editing scripts, resetting their character, and stopping play sessions.

2 Likes

@fredrick254 @Lyyrezism @EncodedLua the timestamps appear off on your messages. To confirm, are you still experiencing issues after restarting Studio?

Feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

Happening to me too as of 2024