Roblox Studio is down. "Some Studio files are missing or corrupted"

Reproduction Steps

I was coding and when trying to apply my edits, I received the following error:
coding2

I tried reopening studio, but it told me that some of my files were corrupted and that I needed to reinstall. So, I reinstalled. When opening studio raw, it asks me to log in, but can’t complete authentication. If I open studio with the “edit” button of a game, it gives me the same message that “Some studio files are missing or corrupted, please reinstall Studio.”

I then moved from my Windows Desktop and tried on my Apple Mac laptop (on a different wifi network), and received the exact same error. I asked my friends if they could open studio, and they also confirmed that they couldn’t. With this, I have concluded that studio must be down.

I am afraid that this has caused me to lose my script edits I’ve been working on for the last few hours. Very frustrating!

Error image:
error

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly

EDIT: Looks like much of the entire platform is experiencing problems. DownDetector has over 10k reports right now.

33 Likes

I started getting this too about 10 minutes ago. I created a backup of my workspace to a local file because I was unable to save my work to the cloud.

4 Likes

Happened to me too, re-install roblox and roblox studio and you’ll see it will work once you re-install the studio like 2 times

2 Likes

I also have been receiving this error message. I tried re-installing and running the launcher as administrator. Guess the site is having issues atm.

3 Likes

Roblox is down so they will actually fix it soon

3 Likes

It’s great that Studio has moved to be on the cloud. Now when there’s any problems we simply lose all our work. Excellent!

8 Likes

It happened to me, too. I have really had enough for what Roblox did for studio recently. Never try to award before modifying.

3 Likes

On top of that, add this:

4 Likes

For me it just seems instable, I was able to open it after 3 attempts, open a game after a couple attempts, and save a game after a couple attempts.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that “files are missing” message is part of the same bug. I used to get that a while ago without any of this happening so it may just be a coincidence that it’s happening to you now

2 Likes

This morning I noticed that some of my uploaded assets were missing from the studio toolbox. Now Roblox is down.

2 Likes

Same problem is happening with me, instead of it however I’m having the error “Failed to create key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe evaluation policy: access is denied.” It also logged me out of studio, which is fun.
01e792a967e092f20d61668982355e8a

4 Likes

Happened to me multiple times started with not being able to save scripts in team create, I relaunched got this issue relaunching again and all my plugins were deleted… Now I can’t launch studio and reinstalling doesn’t work crazy how stuff like this always happens. Very frustrating stuff like this always happens with ROBLOX.

5 Likes

I can confirm that this is happening for me as well. After a reinstallation however, this appears to be an issue on Roblox’s end: “Failed to load settings with 502. Please restart Studio or contact support if the problem persists.”

For those uninformed, “502” refers to HTTP Code 502, meaning “Bad Gateway.” So this is on Roblox’s end and we’ll have to wait for the engineers to fix it.

4 Likes

Also Having issues with this, It only happens when opening a new Studio or saving what you have Studio.

3 Likes

I’m getting the same 502 bad gateway error consistently on the groups page and semi-consistently on the home page, tested across two devices on the same network + confirmation from one other person. Can anyone confirm this?

(might be out of the scope of this topic)

EDIT: another bug report has been filed in #bug-reports:website-bugs Home Page Not Fully loading

2 Likes

Website games are not loading, and chat ingame does not load either.

5 Likes

I’m also receiving this message. I’d say I’m not surprised, but Studio API and functionality hasn’t been fudged like this a lot before.

2 Likes

Also having this issue as of 2 minutes ago.

2 Likes

Happened to me too, I couldn’t even open it. I reinstalled it but the same error popped up.

2 Likes